• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

I still don’t understand that situation and why it’s supposedly all OBJ’s fault.

Will be really interesting to see what happens once OBJ is on waivers. I'm sure someone will pick him up, but he's been pretty terrible this season. Probably not worth the distraction for the elite teams and doesn't fit into the rebuild for the shitty ones... So someone upper/middle maybe wants to take a chance to see if he can be a difference maker?

I don't know if Saints and Patriots is going to work with him with the current QB situations in those places. Not a knock on Mac Jones, but he's a rookie and the team is .500 and OBJ is not a "good locker room guy." Raiders and Ravens make a lot of sense.

Those thoughts only apply to a trade or a claim off of waivers though, which would require the team to pick up his salary. If he clears waivers and is willing to play for cheap for half a season, the Bucs make sense, even if they don't really need him.

I doubt he clears waivers.

Trade deadline is in the rear view, so that's not an option anymore.

Bucs would have no interest under any scenario.

if TB weren't maxed out at WR then I have no doubt Brady could make it work

Good point about the trade deadline, but at good GM can find a way to make it retroactive.

meh, Brady had no issues with Moss or Brown

That was my point. The issue is more that OBJ is not as good (right now) as Evans, Godwin, and Brown.

You aren't making your team better by bringing in a guy that isn't happy with his role on his current team and having him play limited snaps for an offense that is already running like a well-oiled machine.

If anybody is going to get the most out of OBJ, it's Brady and Brady knows it. If you want to break the "Blame the QB" part of the cycle, play for a blameless QB.

I wouldn't count it out. Brady played and won with some bad WRs. He's not going to willingly turn down playing with another top-tier WR who needs a fresh start.

Fine. Care to make a wager on when Ruggs walks out of prison ?

I was thinking Saints, Patriots, Raiders, and Ravens.

I doubt the Ravens go for him. We're cash strapped and have Brown, Watkins and now a healthy Bateman. Raiders and maybe the Saints appear the most likely destinations. As was reported this a.m., the parties are working on an adjusted deal because he doesn't want to be picked up on waivers, and the Browns want to be responsible for as little $$ as possible. That said, if I were the Lions GM, OBJ might be interesting. They could use him the rest of this year because their WR corps is the worst in the league. And then deal him in March while offering to pick up some of his salary in order to get better picks.

Rodgers is on the Pat McAfee show doing all the usual stuff, blaming the woke cancel culture mob, perverting MLK quotes, saying he has 500 pages of his own research, is allergic to an ingredient in the MRA vaccines and didn't want J&J since it was causing heart issues.

Fine. Care to make a wager on when Ruggs walks out of prison ?

Sure, though neither of us will remember by then. Around here, a liberal jurisdiction in VA, this would typically result in 7-10 years, maybe more or less depending on the facts of a given case - and the facts here are pretty egregious.

Back