• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

and more football to watch means more dominance for the NFL in ratings

Not sure this 7 team playoff format is a good idea. With 4 games being pretty non-competitive.

If people watched any of the Chiefs-Steelers and Bucs-Eagles games (hint, they did) then the NFL doesn't care whether the games were competitive.

Edit... or maybe the better way to think of it is by which time slots were added instead of which teams were added. And there were definitely eyeballs on screens Sunday night and Monday night.

I like the 7 team format with only 1 team getting a bye, even if many of this year's games weren't close. More football to watch.

Definitely a big jump between the 1 and 2 seeds now. Bye week for wild card + get the lowest seed in the divisional round + 2 home games is a nice set of advantages for the 1.

Guess we have a lot of new fans watching the NFL, I remember a lot of promises from men wearing sunglasses and red hats that they would never watch again because players were kneeling.

Well the numbers did dip significantly after 2015 and haven't quite recovered.

I doubt money rules. And now that the nfl is down with gambling they really don’t care about competitive.

I doubt money rules. And now that the nfl is down with gambling they really don’t care about competitive.

That’s a really good point.

Money definitely rules. Just now more of it is gambling money. Two more playoff games= two more sets of gambling opportunities and that much more money in play.

Ed Donatell (father of former Wake Forest LB Steve Donatell, who is currently on the coaching staff at Stanford) current Broncos D-Coordinator is expected to be the new Seahawks Defensive Coordinator.

Wonder if he will keep Curry on?

Honestly, if Curry has a foothold on an NFL career, I'm not sure why he'd want to move back to college football. The 365-day a year headaches are enormous compared to a pro situation.

Ed Donatell (father of former Wake Forest LB Steve Donatell, who is currently on the coaching staff at Stanford) current Broncos D-Coordinator is expected to be the new Seahawks Defensive Coordinator.

Wonder if he will keep Curry on?

I saw they were interviewing Ed, but I think Seattle is interviewing a few other guys right now too.

FJfDV6tXoAAtphk

I don't think I have ever wanted the Patriots to draft a player as much as I want them draft George Karlaftis. For the sole reason I will buy my first Pats Jersey and have the name be The Greek.

Trailer for the Super Bowl Halftime Show.

Josh McCown being interviewed for the head coaching job not once but two years in a row by the Houston Texans, despite having no coaching experience beyond being a High School assistant is as clear an explanation as any for why the Texans are in this situation.

Last edited:
Myers Park HS was pretty good when they had Josh McCown though. He coached up Drake Maye like a champ.

Josh McCown being interviewed not once but two years in a row by the Houston Texans, despite having no coaching experience beyond being a High School assistant is as clear an explanation as any for why the Texans are in this situation.

If they are interviewing him for QB coach, reasonable choice. He spent a lot of time on NFL sidelines carrying a clipboard, wearing headphones and mentoring young QBs.

If you mean for OC, then yes, Texans gonna Texan.

Oh boy.

Back