• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Yeah I saw where he was dining out with Saints brass. Sounds like he’s gonna be hanging out with Kaepernick soon.

"God has gifted me with a special talent to coach the game of football, but the need for change is bigger than my personal goals," Flores said in a release put out by the law firm representing him in the case. "In making the decision to file the class action complaint today, I understand that I may be risking coaching the game that I love and that has done so much for my family and me. My sincere hope is that by standing up against systemic racism in the NFL, others will join me to ensure that positive change is made for generations to come.''

"In certain critical ways, the NFL is racially segregated and is managed much like a plantation,'' the lawsuit said. "Its 32 owners -- none of whom are Black -- profit substantially from the labor of NFL players, 70% of whom are Black. The owners watch the games from atop NFL stadiums in their luxury boxes, while their majority-Black workforce put their bodies on the line every Sunday, taking vicious hits and suffering debilitating injuries to their bodies and their brains while the NFL and its owners reap billions of dollars."

From the ESPN front page article. Unfortunately by standing up for himself and others, Flores practically guarantees he'll never coach again. Cue the hand-wringing about "distractions"

Discovery in the case should be interesting. Weird to me that he leaked Belichick's text. Interesting to see how BB communicates, but the fact that his former boss thought they were hiring Flores, instead of DaBoll, doesn't advance his case, unless the Giants are claiming they interviewed Flores when they did not. There are still job openings. Maybe Flores didn't want them, he did interview for the Texans job which has not been filled. Why not wait two weeks until all of the jobs are filled before suing everyone? Lawyers are going to get richer, which is always fun.

I wonder how that interview with the Giants went

oh, never mind, that was confusing -- made it seem like Flores had a token interview with NYG

Discovery in the case should be interesting. Weird to me that he leaked Belichick's text. Interesting to see how BB communicates, but the fact that his former boss thought they were hiring Flores, instead of DaBoll, doesn't advance his case, unless the Giants are claiming they interviewed Flores when they did not. There are still job openings. Maybe Flores didn't want them, he did interview for the Texans job which has not been filled. Why not wait two weeks until all of the jobs are filled before suing everyone? Lawyers are going to get richer, which is always fun.

I thought the point was that the Giants hired DaBoll before the Giants interviewed Flores.

Yeah that’s what I got out of it, BB texts him saying congrats you are their guy, I haven’t even interviewed yet Bill, oh shit yeah wrong Brian they are hiring, then still has to go to the sham interview.

There were rumors out that the Giants were leaning toward Flores before they died down and the Giants went with Daboll.

The other massive out here is the owner of the Dolphins offering a bribe to tank, in a sport with billions of dollars on the line with gambling that’s going to be a huge no no.

Dolphins should have tanked - they’d have Joe Burrow right now

The other massive out here is the owner of the Dolphins offering a bribe to tank, in a sport with billions of dollars on the line with gambling that’s going to be a huge no no.

Maybe he got fired for winning too much?

Daboll was a lock to get the job once the Giants hired the Bills assistant GM to take over for Gettleman. If the Giants were too stupid to interview Flores before they made the decision to hire Daboll, then they deserve to get hammered. This rule has been in place a long time. It's not hard to follow.

BTW, something tells me that there will be diversity when the final HC openings are filled.

It’s going to be interesting how this is reported.

Angry Disgruntled Fired Black Coach Calls NFL Racist

or

Giants Conduct Sham Interview with Coach Who Refused Payment to Lose Games

It’s going to be interesting how this is reported.

Angry Disgruntled Fired Black Coach Calls NFL Racist

or

Giants Conduct Sham Interview with Coach Who Refused Payment to Lose Games

Well I do know where we’ll hear choice A.

I need to catch up on all the details of this thing. How and why would Belichick have any intel into the Giants' head coach search?

I need to catch up on all the details of this thing. How and why would Belichick have any intel into the Giants' head coach search?

Because he’s well connected and Daboll was an assistant under him.

lotta good tweets about the forthcoming Jay Z collab to show the NFL is really taking racism seriously this time

Back