• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

Yeah....was thinking Rams.

38 years old - he started and did pretty well for the Huskers, right? Was he the back-up to Riley?

So Stafford was the #1 pick in the 2009 draft. Aaron Curry was the #4 pick. I'm not even sure how many of these first rounders are still in the league, but it's not a lot. Stafford turns 34 next week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

Other first round notables: Mark Sanchez, Darrius Hewyard-Bey, BJ Raji, Michael Crabtree, Knowshon Moreno, Brian Orakpo, Malcolm Jenkins, Michael Oher, and Hakeem Nicks.

So the hc had no responsibility for trying to 3 plays in 9 sec. And two with 4? High risk. Bad decision.
There were 5 seconds left from the 1-yard line. No, it's not that risky to try a 4-second pass play from the 1-yard line that would either be there or wouldn't be. Mahomes screwed up.

So Stafford was the #1 pick in the 2009 draft. Aaron Curry was the #4 pick. I'm not even sure how many of these first rounders are still in the league, but it's not a lot. Stafford turns 34 next week.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

Other first round notables: Mark Sanchez, Darrius Hewyard-Bey, BJ Raji, Michael Crabtree, Knowshon Moreno, Brian Orakpo, Malcolm Jenkins, Michael Oher, and Hakeem Nicks.

Stafford, Andre Smith, Malcom Jenkins, Alex Mack

(Not exactly up to date, but you can go year by year https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2009/draft.htm)

Just amazing how short NFL careers are. Of the 256 players taken in that draft (and most of those guys taken are now 33 to 35 years-old), only 6 non-punters or kickers played a snap this year:

- Stafford
- Andre Smith T Ravens
- Malcolm Jenkins DB Saints
- Alex Mack C 49ers
- Jared Cook TE Chargers
- Jason McCourtey DB Dolphins

NFL - Not For Long....

NFL Year 2021 Playoffs! Conference Championships! Brady Retires?

Speaking of long careers, Rams LT Andrew Whitworth will be playing against the Bengals who he played for from 2006-16. Whitworth turned 40 in December.

Speaking of long careers, Rams LT Andrew Whitworth will be playing against the Bengals who he played for from 2006-16. Whitworth turned 40 in December.

The Bungles have a history of bungling. And Whitworth is a great example. In 2016, they low-balled him after he had been their best lineman for years and a great lockerroom prescence. They figured he was getting too old and could easily be replaced. He declined and went to the Rams and has been one of the best lineman in the NFL for 5 years. Meanwhile, the Bengals' line has sucked for years. Before this year, the Bungles low-balled Jesse Bates and now he's due for something after having a great year.

But it don't matter no mo because Joe Burrow is half-man, half football deity and apparently doesn't need an offensive line.

This is how long Whitworth has been playing: Deacon P Ryan Plackemeier was a 7th round pick in the same draft that the Bengals drafted Whitworth. Vince Young was also drafted that year. The overall #1 pick was NC State's Mario Williams.

It may not work for them in 2 weeks, but they're $58mil under the cap, so I see them addressing the OL in FA and the draft. And they have Burrow and Chase on the cheap for the next 4 years. I have accepted them as my AFCN overlords for those next 4 years.

Remember when people thought OBJ was dogging it and Baker Mayfield was better off with out him? Remember when people clowned OBJ’s dad for making a video of Mayfield’s poor QB okay to stick up for his son?

Good times.

Sounds like you’re saying the fact that now that OBJ is playing well in LA that it is definitely evidence Mayfield stunk and not that he was dogging it in Cleveland..? Or am I reading wrong

49ers last 8 offensive plays last night:

Run for -2 yards
Run for no gain
Delay of game
Punt

Incomplete pass
Delay of game
Incomplete pass
Incomplete pass
Punt

Incomplete pass
Pass complete for -3 yards
Interception

2 rushes for -2 yards
1 for 6 passing with an INT for -3 yards
2 penalties
2 punts
1 TO

Almost impossible to be that bad.

NFL Year 2021 Playoffs! Conference Championships! Brady Retires?

I’m saying now people need re-examine their assumptions.

LOL. Some random sports writer thinks he knows the situation better than OBJ’s teammates.

HOW CAN THEY ROOT FOR THE GUY WHO QUIT ON THEM?!?!!?!!

Maybe take the word of his former teammates instead of some sports radio schmuck? If his former teammates are happy for him, clearly his attitude wasn’t that bad

There are a lot of diva WRs. A lot of them are still super-productive and in the right situation, can help their teams win.

Completely believable that OBJ was a pain-the-ass in Cleveland (and by the end in New York), and is still a very productive player in LA.

Also, regardless of who his WRs were, Baker Mayfield sucked this past year. Maybe, he was hurt; maybe he isn't very good. Maybe both. Regardless, his problems were far deeper than OBJ - again, think there is general agreement about that as the Browns are a team that has been rumored to be in the QB market.

Last edited:
The second down play by the 49ers on the last drive when jimmy g panicked and threw to his check off man who was covered 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage was just a terrible Qb decision. Not only did it LOSE yards but also the clock kept running which made them rush the third down (crucial) play which got blown up from the very start/. It was one of the worst clock management/ football IQ plays I’ve ever seen.

Back