• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2021 Superbowl LVI. Rams win! Wolford gets a ring!.

I think the Raiders were going to let the clock run out until the Chargers called timeout. Then they were like, fuck it let's win

Not really any evidence for that, all they did was run the ball which they were doing already.

Chargers trash run D cost them, and the Raiders were incentivized to play the Bengals instead of the Chiefs

imo better to get jobbed in one of the craziest endings to a season ever than have your franchise struggle to score a single touchdown and crash outta his last playoff in the wild card

Hasselback thinks the chargers should have gone for 2.

On SVP said raiders defense was gassed so why rely on coin flip.

Needless to say that was a great game, no hype needed. NFL not going to change final weekend tv schedule. They look like geniuses now.

Tie concept was interesting but clearly if your seeding gets worse with a tie why play for a tie. If chargers had the ball last I think winning it tie had no impact on them.

They fired Flores for finishing 9-8. He’s the winningest coach since Dave Wannstedt. First coach with two straight winning seasons since Wannstedt too.

he won 8 out of 9 to end the season with not stellar qb play. swept the pats. i am surprised

imo better to get jobbed in one of the craziest endings to a season ever than have your franchise struggle to score a single touchdown and crash outta his last playoff in the wild card

Ok. I still don’t get how making the playoffs is the “worst outcome“ and it would be better to “get jobbed” but whatever.

Steelers will probably lose but will be playing with nothing to lose.

NFL Year 2021 Week 18: Sorting out the Playoff Seeds and Last Spots.

They don’t allow Black coaches to just be mediocre. This is much like the Lions firing Caldwell after two winning seasons (overall .563 for a .451 franchise). The Lions scapegoated Anthony Lynn for their misguided Goff trade and Dan Campbell’s overall failures.

Last edited:
Ok. I still don’t get how making the playoffs is the “worst outcome“ and it would be better to “get jobbed” but whatever.

Steelers will probably lose but will be playing with nothing to lose.

I understand his logic... that nobody wants to see their hero go out with a blowout loss, and that failing to make the playoffs wouldn't even be as bad if you did what you needed to do the last week and just ran into a freak ending scenario.

I just don't think many Steelers fans would agree with the logic and would rather get into the playoffs and have a chance for one more big win against one of the top teams. And if it's an ugly loss, the commentators will have lots of time to talk about how great their QB was.

Is the Miami owner finally convinced he can talk Harbaugh into taking that job? Why else would you fire Flores?

Because Ross is the worst owner in sports. And as Florio pointed out once again, he doesn't live in Miami. Grier is doing a slightly better job of drafting than his predecessor, but you can't say that is 1 of the top 16 rosters in the league, yet Flores has winning records the last 2 years. If my last name is Bienemy, Leftwich or Daboll, ain't no way I agree to interview there.

The other interesting vacancy for coach and GM is Minnesota. I didn't think either Zimmer or Spielman were doing particularly bad jobs, though I do understand Wilf being pissed about missing out on the playoffs. They also have an average Cousins with 1 year remaining on his contract counting $45mil against the cap. I don't see them keeping him, and I also don't see him getting north of the low-mid $30s elsewhere. And they're in good position to get the 1st or 2nd QB off the board. So maybe they're the team that brings in Tyrod to pair with a rookie. But because of their QB situation, I don't think they're that attractive for a GM or coach, so I could see Wilf doing worse than what he had in Spielman and Zimmer.

Back