• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Eh, at least that bitch moved and got out the way. That had to have been one of the quickest anthems in super bowl history.

ETA: I think Post Malone was the worst of all of them. I don't see what anyone likes about that guy. At least Jelly Roll's commercial made light of the face tats.
It went over the Vegas line by 4.5 seconds. It's truly impressive how wrong you constantly are.

If it's all one long bit, then well done, but I don't think it is.

I enjoyed the halftime show. I thought Tee Morant was great and danced his ass off and still has it.

that game was pretty boring until roughly the two minute warning

Okay, we've seen Mahomes win 2 SBs without Hill. Maybe now we get the chance to see if he can do it without Chris Jones. They don't win last night without Jones.

The way the game played out was nothing near like what I expected. I did expect a rather low scoring game, but SF's D had been terrible against Det & GB, and they should have lost both games. KC's offense was left for dead around xmas but turned it on in the playoffs. So I kinda expected both trends to continue. But that looked like the regular season SF D, and they dominated both sides of the LOS but only led by 7 at half. And that was SF's big problem - they dominated play but didn't build enough of a lead. And while I was rooting for KC, I felt bad for Wilks and Greenlaw. Wilks called a good game, and maybe the result is different if Greenlaw doesn't get hurt. KC's TEs seemed to get open more after he went down.

Rawarr, I didn't think it was boring. I like low scoring and good D. But then again I'm a Ravens fan and might be conditioned to liking good D.

where does Reid rank on the all time coaches list? yes, he's won his SBs with Mahomes, but he had a pretty great record in Philly just couldn't quite get over the hump. and while Mahomes is obvi an all-timer his draft position (and those QBs picked before him) show it's not like they lucked into the can't-miss #1 pick. they were even pretty good with Alex Smith with Mahomes on the bench.

has won playoff games with all kinds of QBs, something Belichick has never done.

Eh, at least that bitch moved and got out the way. That had to have been one of the quickest anthems in super bowl history.

ETA: I think Post Malone was the worst of all of them. I don't see what anyone likes about that guy. At least Jelly Roll's commercial made light of the face tats.

If you can watch this and genuinely not enjoy it I will buy you dinner, my guy.

where does Reid rank on the all time coaches list? yes, he's won his SBs with Mahomes, but he had a pretty great record in Philly just couldn't quite get over the hump. and while Mahomes is obvi an all-timer his draft position (and those QBs picked before him) show it's not like they lucked into the can't-miss #1 pick. they were even pretty good with Alex Smith with Mahomes on the bench.

has won playoff games with all kinds of QBs, something Belichick has never done.
5 NFC Championship Games, 6 AFC Championship Games and 3 Super Bowl wins
He could be #1 over Belichek...but a definitive #2

He's up there with Belichick, Lombardi, Shula and Landry. Probably on my Mt. Rushmore of football coaches. I mean having Mahomes at QB really helps. But Reid is the man when it comes to play design and calling. I think they scored a TD on Philly last SB the same way they did on that last play - put the WR in motion and hide him behind Kelce and the RT and then he breaks back wide at the snap with everyone on D looking inside. And it's not just Mahomes and Reid. Brett Veach and his staff have been stacking some good draft classes.

Veach and Chiefs have proven themselves pretty disciplined in not overpaying in contract extensions. They have drafted so well, especially on defense, that i think they could franchise Snead, let Jones walk, and still be ok on defense. I want them to completely revamp the WR room (other than Rice of course), get a more reliable backup RB, use 1st rounder on DL or WR.

I’d be ok if they were aggressive in moving up in 1st round. The Mahomes/Kelce window isn’t going to last forever.

the thing that continues to stand out to me most about the halftime is how much usher was all over alicia keys

Veach and Chiefs have proven themselves pretty disciplined in not overpaying in contract extensions. They have drafted so well, especially on defense, that i think they could franchise Snead, let Jones walk, and still be ok on defense. I want them to completely revamp the WR room (other than Rice of course), get a more reliable backup RB, use 1st rounder on DL or WR.

I’d be ok if they were aggressive in moving up in 1st round. The Mahomes/Kelce window isn’t going to last forever.

Have to think that with a possible SB 3-peat, free agents would consider less $$$ to play for Reid with Mahomes under center. Tyreek gave up SB rings chasing the money with the fish.

WINNING!

5 NFC Championship Games, 6 AFC Championship Games and 3 Super Bowl wins
He could be #1 over Belichek...but a definitive #2
Y'all are nuts. Here is a list of Belichick's records.

Most Super Bowl wins: 8
Most Super Bowl wins as a head coach: 6
Most Super Bowl appearances: 12
Most Super Bowl appearances as a head coach: 9
Most playoff wins as a head coach: 31
Most playoff appearances as a head coach: 19 (tied)
Most divisional championships as a head coach: 17

19 seasons between losing records. If you want to say Bill was all Brady, then you have to say Reid is all Mahomes as well. In their head-to-head Super Bowl matchup, Bill came out on top.

If you want to make a judgement about the best of all time, count the rings.

Someone please pull up Belichick's record without Brady vs. Reid's without Mahomes.

I know Bill's under .500. Guessing Andy's very comfortably over .500.

If they let Jones walk, getting Byron Murphy at 32 and a WR at 64 would be ideal.

I know this statement is full of recency bias, but besides maybe the Bills, Lions, Rams, and Niners every other team in the league would shitcan their coach today if Andy Reid wanted their job. Throw in the Steelers too given their position on sticking with their guy.

This isn't to say that Reid has had the better career, but he has achieved at a high level at multiple franchises with several different styles of QBs. If he keeps this thing going for little longer it's a serious discussion imo. If the Chiefs 3-peat next season he's the clear GOAT to me.

Back