• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Referring to women randomly as “bitches” sounds about right here in the year of our lord 2024. Stay classy 2&2
Sorry, I thought that was allowed if and when directly referring to a song by a Super Bowl halftime performer. If such references are frowned upon, perhaps he should not have been performing there. Same could be said about all of the 2022 performers.

If you can watch this and genuinely not enjoy it I will buy you dinner, my guy.

Eh, I made it to the 5:00 mark when he started singing like Adam Sandler in Billy Madison and stopped. Back to school, back to school. The backing musicians were solid but he adds nothing himself. Similar to Usher last night. He is like a homeless man's Ed Sheeran with face tats.

Eh, I made it to the 5:00 mark when he started singing like Adam Sandler in Billy Madison and stopped. Back to school, back to school. The backing musicians were solid but he adds nothing himself. Similar to Usher last night. He is like a homeless man's Ed Sheeran with face tats.
You are my favorite poster.

Belichick has had all his success with one QB. Yes, Reid has WON all his SBs with only one QB but it ignores everything he did prior to that. Belichick is still the GOAT, but it's not as clear cut as it used to be.

Is Tony Romo doing a Dandy Don Meredith and drinking during games? Is he ok? CET?

ETA: I've watched 2-3 condensed/highlight games of the SB and damn, Romo is literally mumbling/whispering on half the plays under his breath, while Nantz is calling the game.

First, he "sang us into the timeout" with some almost whisper level humming/singing that sounds like me in the shower or the car --- weirdly high pitched, out of tune and awful. Something you do BY YOURSELF, not on the hot mic as a Super Bowl announcer.

Then, at the end of the game, OT, he mumbles under his breath "oh, they shouldn't have been in that..." I guess coverage? So, he announces impartially, but is pulling against KC?

Does he realize 92% of the listening audience could care less. But 8% or say about 15 million viewers, like me, hear him and think "mute button" or "how is he still employed?"

Last edited:
The Chiefs have just hit on so many draft picks over the last few seasons.

2020:
L'Jarius Sneed - 4th round, #138

2021:
Nick Bolton - 2nd round, #58
Creed Humphrey - 2nd round, #63

2022:
Trent McDuffie - 1st round, #21
George Karlaftis - 1st round, #30
Isaiah Pacheco - 7th round, #251

2023:
Rashee Rice - 2nd round, #55

Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Skyy Moore seem like the only bad picks, but then of course you have a Michael Jordan talent at QB to help bail that out.

The Chiefs have just hit on so many draft picks over the last few seasons.

2020:
L'Jarius Sneed - 4th round, #138

2021:
Nick Bolton - 2nd round, #58
Creed Humphrey - 2nd round, #63

2022:
Trent McDuffie - 1st round, #21
George Karlaftis - 1st round, #30
Isaiah Pacheco - 7th round, #251

2023:
Rashee Rice - 2nd round, #55

Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Skyy Moore seem like the only bad picks, but then of course you have a Michael Jordan talent at QB to help bail that out.

I don't think Edwards-Helaire was a bust...just kind of got the injury bug and Pacheco unexpectedly emerged as a stud. Moore has definitely been a disappointment. This would've been the year for him to make a mark and it just didn't happen.

Belichick has had all his success with one QB. Yes, Reid has WON all his SBs with only one QB but it ignores everything he did prior to that. Belichick is still the GOAT, but it's not as clear cut as it used to be.
Reid is getting close. He has made 4 Super Bowls with 2 different teams. He took the Eagles from 6-9-1, 3-13, 5-11 seasons to 4 straight NFC Championship games. Then took the Chiefs from 7-9, 2-14 to being a dynasty.

That halftime show was awful. It got better once they broke out the rollerskates and they brought out people other than Usher to distract from his awfulness, but up to that point it was probably the worst ever. I also kept waiting for the remix to ignition hot and fresh out the kitchen, but then someone told me that I would be sadly disappointed, which I was as that would have been better. If everyone really just wanted a Lil Jon / Ludacris show, they should have gone with that instead with Usher as the bring-out guy. At least then there would have been some sweat on balls, skeet-skeeting, and bitches getting out the way instead of the first 2/3 of the show last night.

I'm notoriously hard on halftime shows with their emphasis on show over performance and often canned vocals. I was at a party this year and last year, and this year we definitely weren't paying too much attention to the sound of the show-- couldn't hear it too well. And myself and my OWG bandmates joked beforehand that we didn't know what songs Usher had apart from "that strip club song." But with my focus diverted from the actual sound of the show, I focused on the dancing and was entertained. Plus they did bring out the stripper poles for the strip club song.

they got trey smith in the 6th round!

i'd wager one thing all super bowl teams have in common is that they've hit on and/or had some luck with picking up studs late the draft

49ers - look no further than Purdy

Is Tony Romo doing a Dandy Don Meredith and drinking during games? Is he ok? CET?

First, he "sang us into the timeout" with some almost whisper level humming/singing that sounds like me in the shower or the car --- weirdly high pitched, out of tune and awful. Something you do BY YOURSELF, not on the hot mic as a Super Bowl announcer.

Then, at the end of the game, OT, he mumbles under his breath "oh, they shouldn't have been in that..." I guess coverage? So, he announces impartially, but is pulling against KC?

Does he realize 92% of the listening audience could care less. But 8% or say about 15 million viewers, like me, hear him and think "mute button" or "how is he still employed?"
If they "could care less," then they do care more. I don't think that's what you mean to say--a pet peeve of mine.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought Romo was pretty good, one who actually told me something I did not already know.

He did sound awfully hoarse.

It sounded like Wanya Morris was able to fill in for the LT when he was hurt. Finding a capable LT in the 3rd round would be huge for financial flexibility.

The SB was the most watched broadcast in TV history.

Right after the moon landing 🤔
Saw that. Not sure I believe it. We have 331mil now and had 202mil in 1969. And not everyone had TVs in 1969 - poverty rates were much higher back then. I think color TVs were just becoming a thing around that time. I was 5, and I have a dim memory about how huge the moon landing was at the time. So I'm having a hard time buying that, at 61% of our current population and lower % ownership of TVs, more people watched the moon landing.

Back