• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Watched some clips of Bears game. Fields doesn’t see the field, at all. Take away his first read and he has no chance.

Speaking as a Giants fan who's overly-skeptical to rate the Cowboys, I honestly think this team is their best chance to do it. Even with the 07 and 16 teams that went 13-3 it just always felt like they were going to barf on themselves in the playoffs. The vibe of this team feels different to me.

Parsons is a one man wrecking crew.

Difference maker. Can you say LT??

Speaking as a Giants fan who's overly-skeptical to rate the Cowboys, I honestly think this team is their best chance to do it. Even with the 07 and 16 teams that went 13-3 it just always felt like they were going to barf on themselves in the playoffs. The vibe of this team feels different to me.
It's a combo of the Cowboys and Mike McCarthy. The odds of them stepping on their own dick are obscenely high, regardless of how well they start the season. I'm ecstatic about how excited their "fans" are now, only to watch them suffer them impending implosion.

I want to see the Steelers win off defensive touchdowns barely overcoming a 3 interception game of Kenny Pickett.

Watched some clips of Bears game. Fields doesn’t see the field, at all. Take away his first read and he has no chance.
that's actually not the problem. having watched every snap of his career, the problem is he tends too hold the ball forever, or speed reads his progressions. Moving off first read is fine, it's getting rid of the damn rock where he just sucks

He has his issues, but so do Eberflus and his OC. They don't know how to use Fields, or Moore for that matter. Eberflus and Staley need to be fired asap. Staley has defensive talent, and he's supposed to be a defensive guy, but their D comes up short every 4th quarter.

He has his issues, but so do Eberflus and his OC. They don't know how to use Fields, or Moore for that matter. Eberflus and Staley need to be fired asap. Staley has defensive talent, and he's supposed to be a defensive guy, but their D comes up short every 4th quarter.
It's Getsy, the OC. Eberflus is a fine, solid CEO HC.
but the Bears are just a mess

i know i've given the bears a hard time

but they had the #1 pick last year and dj moore seemed like the only material addition; i just didn't see them do anything to not be an awful team again

good news is that they can bottom out this year - have a legit shot at caleb williams and bring in a new coach with a stash of picks to rebuild

i do think this year is a lost season. i think they'll look back and cry at the 2023 draft one day when you see that they passed on bryce, stroud, richardson, and jalen carter.

yknow bill beli's record without brady is not particularly impressive
Belichick is a great coach. I enjoyed watching his game plan to contain Hill last night, which was largely successful. But I've been saying for years he's a lousy GM. Go look at their last 9-10 drafts. And it's not just post-Brady. That last year Brady was there they didn't make the playoffs, and Brady didn't look good with the meager weapons he had that year. You put Mac Jones on SF, and he'd be looking just fine. The problem is NE has no one for whom you have to game plan.

Well if they get Caleb Williams it's because they passed on Bryce and Stroud, but they still passed on Carter and AR-15.

i know i've given the bears a hard time

but they had the #1 pick last year and dj moore seemed like the only material addition; i just didn't see them do anything to not be an awful team again

good news is that they can bottom out this year - have a legit shot at caleb williams and bring in a new coach with a stash of picks to rebuild

i do think this year is a lost season. i think they'll look back and cry at the 2023 draft one day when you see that they passed on bryce, stroud, richardson, and jalen carter.
i think they were in a tough spot going into the draft with the #1 pick. If you watched Fields last year, you saw the most dynamic playmaker at the QB position in the league. Take a flyer on one of the 3 QBs in the draft or if you can get Fields to average as a passer you have something really special. So i think trading #1 made a ton of sense...
the Carter pick may haunt them more, but again...i see it. the guy had horrible pro day. Who the F has a bad Pro day?

So nothing they did was really bat shit crazy...it all makes some level of sense.

Belichick is a great coach. I enjoyed watching his game plan to contain Hill last night, which was largely successful. But I've been saying for years he's a lousy GM. Go look at their last 9-10 drafts. And it's not just post-Brady. That last year Brady was there they didn't make the playoffs, and Brady didn't look good with the meager weapons he had that year. You put Mac Jones on SF, and he'd be looking just fine. The problem is NE has no one for whom you have to game plan.
They went 12-4 and made the playoffs the last year Brady was there. They lost to the Titans in the Wild Card round.

I thought they missed it that last year. Forgot about that Titans game. As a Pats fan, what do you think about their last several drafts?

Back