• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2023. Kansas City Chiefs Win Super Bowl LVIII. Defeat 49ers in Overtime. 25-22.

Ravens very well could roll. I think Lamar has taken it to another level this year and is undoubtedly the league MVP. But damn, I don’t know how you bet against Mahomes. The dude is inevitable. I’m with a couple others here who have said I’ll believe the Chiefs are out when I see it.
I watch A LOT of Ravens football. This team is historically good. One of the best teams of the last 20 years. They should win big next week.

no it's not. They had to put a TE on IR last week and elevate a practice squad guy
Windy is correct. Sam LaPorta is the only healthy TE on the Lions roster, and he is banged up. Ravens essentially did the same thing. The Jets released Dalvin Cook at the end of the year. Ravens had a need at RB; so, Cook saw his first action for the Ravens in the Divisional game against the Texans. He had 8 carries on Saturday.

I watch A LOT of Ravens football. This team is historically good. One of the best teams of the last 20 years. They should win big next week.
It took several weeks for the new offense to get rolling, but I agree this is a top team on both sides of the ball. Monken deserves a ton of credit for recreating the offense, and it makes me hate Roman all over again and makes me mad that Harbs didn't get rid of Roman 2 years earlier. Saturday's game also makes it easier to blame Roman more and Lamar less for his prior playoff struggles. That said, you're tempting fate with your win big comment. KC's O has been much better the last 2 weeks, and I expect a close game.

This. Mahomes had something like 1:40 remaining, which is approximately 1:25 more time than he would have needed to get in FG range. Bills lost that game when Allen didn't take the check down over the middle which would have gotten them close to a 1st down. Deaconblue, they were trying to score. Allen just couldn't get enough on the ball on 2nd down and opted to try to get a bigger play than checking it down on 3rd down.

I went back and forth on who to root for and finally decided on the Bills in the 4th quarter because half their starting D is out. Oh well. I'm with DeacsPop. My Ravens should have the advantage, but never doubt what Mahomes can do. Can't say I'm confident.
So this. On that 2nd down of final drive Diggs was WIDE open across the middle and would have easily gotten into redzone and possibly inside 10 yard line as he flys with little immediate help after he catches. Instead Josh goes for high risk deep pass and then follows it again with another deep pass incomplete yet again. Just not smart football and why Josh will continue to come out on the short end of the stick with bad decisions in clutch time. Have to at least give your team an easy FG plus with Diggs wheels he could have put them in golden shape for TD inside 10 or better.

So this. On that 2nd down of final drive Diggs was WIDE open across the middle and would have easily gotten into redzone and possibly inside 10 yard line as he flys with little immediate help after he catches. Instead Josh goes for high risk deep pass and then follows it again with another deep pass incomplete yet again. Just not smart football and why Josh will continue to come out on the short end of the stick with bad decisions in clutch time. Have to at least give your team an easy FG plus with Diggs wheels he could have put them in golden shape for TD inside 10 or better.
and more time off the clock and away from Mahomes

scoring quick there was not what Buffalo should have been trying to do unless a dude was wide open due to a blown coverage

That is ridiculous. You shouldn't be able to just add dudes before the championship game. That is as bad as the NBA buyout bullshit. Rosters should lock as of playoff commencement other than for whoever is already on your own practice squad.

AB to the Chiefs.

and more time off the clock and away from Mahomes

scoring quick there was not what Buffalo should have been trying to do unless a dude was wide open due to a blown coverage
So are Dak, Micah and CeeDee going to be able to kiss and make up, or are we going to see some trades? Dallas is $20mil over the cap currently, Dak counts as $59mil against the cap, CeeDee is on his 5th year option, and Micah is in his 4th year. Seems to me you have to extend Dak no matter what, or trade him, and that seems unlikely. If you can't afford all 3, seems like the best time to trade CeeDee and maximize what you can get for him. It's a good WR draft.

Both men hired on the same day. Who gets a championship first:

Harbaugh or Doc Rivers?

Both men hired on the same day. Who gets a championship first:

Harbaugh or Doc Rivers?
Rivers. He has a good chance to get there this season or next. Too many teams to get through in the AFC, and LAC is $45mil over the cap, so they have crap to deal with. Also not sure what is going to happen with Harbs and roster control and if he can have a productive relationship with the player personnel guys he'll be working with. Doc may not be the greatest, but 90% of that Philly dysfunction was on Harden.

If Rivers doesn't win a title this season he's not winning one. The Milwaukee roster is old, and they mortgaged their future to get Dame. I like Doc, but don't see him leading the Bucks to a title. His playoff record is disquieting:

If Rivers doesn't win a title this season he's not winning one. The Milwaukee roster is old, and they mortgaged their future to get Dame. I like Doc, but don't see him leading the Bucks to a title. His playoff record is disquieting:

And how did Harden play in those last 2 games? I like Doc but realize he's not la creme de la creme. I don't like Jim Harbaugh but get he's a great coach. But that team has issues to deal with and a yet to be defined power structure. They are interviewing Joe Hortiz for the GM position, who is the guy I wanted in Carolina. So that's a good start. But how much will Jim follow the draft board that Joe sets? Some great football coaches became less great once they got full control. See Mike Shanahan in Denver and the gradual talent erosion in Foxboro over the last decade. And as great as Belichick has been, only 1 team has interviewed him thus far, and that team has followed up that 2nd interview with a ton of interviews of other candidates. So the answer could well be neither Doc nor Jim get another title.

Yes. Obviously neither is the most likely response. But Harbaugh is more likely than Doc. The East is tougher than it's been in awhile and could get tougher by the trade deadline. Doc may not even be a head coach a year from now.

Does that leave the Commanders and Seahawks as the only opening left?

Ben Johnson is very likely to be the next HC in DC. So, that leaves a lot of 'hot' coaching candidates without an opening to fill. Do the Bears really want Matt Eberflus more than anyone else available? Same for the Cowboys, Saints, and possibly the Eagles.

Back