• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Let’s leave it at debatable. And carried away, far from it. It’ll take likely the best effort the BlueShirts have made all year.
The holes they have in their lineup have been evident even in their wins. But I like our chances with our now, huge edge in goal tending and our power play and scoring ability. And taking nothing away from the Canes fans OB, Rangers are one of the most knowledgeable fans in the game, original 6. Call us “Northerners” what you’d like. We know shit about CFB butknow our hockey. The Team with 3 goals (or more) wins it. I’m saying Rangers 3-2,in OT. 🤞🏼

Rangers did go 3-0 against Tampa this year. Granted, two of those games were in December and our team looks a lot different now vs then. Still, whichever team wins tonight is going to have a hell of a task against the two time defending champs...you can't make up that type of experience that Tampa has.

Rangers did go 3-0 against Tampa this year. Granted, two of those games were in December and our team looks a lot different now vs then. Still, whichever team wins tonight is going to have a hell of a task against the two time defending champs...you can't make up that type of experience that Tampa has.

Absolutely agree; the Bolts are the real deal and will take everything either one of our Teams have to beat them.

Oh, and one last dig before face off. The Canes actually “banned” the sale of tickets to Ranger fans from coming down and attending the game? I mean, can you get any “bush” than that, something I’ve never heard of in all my years watching sports.
For that reason alone, the Canes should have their asses kicked.
Go Rangers!!

Oh, and one last dig before face off. The Canes actually “banned” the sale of tickets to Ranger fans from coming down and attending the game? I mean, can you get any “bush” than that, something I’ve never heard of in all my years watching sports.
For that reason alone, the Canes should have their asses kicked.
Go Rangers!!

It's happened hundreds of time over the years, including by the Yankees earlier this year. It certainly isn't anything exclusive to Carolina.

I’ll admit if I’m wrong but news to me. And the Yankees? Def don’t remember that.
When??? And if it’s been done, by anyone before it is a total bush move, never the less.

Shesterkin: [94.9 SV% (92.6 SV% @CAR)] / [1.67 GAA (2.00 GAA @CAR)]

Raanta: [92.1 SV% (97.0 SV% @CAR)] / [1.83 GAA (0.67 GAA @CAR)]

I'm not seeing Shesterkin as the clear better GK here at Carolina

With that goal, I shall depart. LET'S GO CANES!!!

See you guys after the game.

Be nice to see a replay of the hugely consequential Trouba hit on Jarvis at some point

Obviously I'm biased but sure seems like the head is being targeted here:

I legit blame this on Maniscalco and Tripper/Willis not calling this game. We seemed to do so well at home when they were the broadcast team.

Though I know a lot of you didn’t get to see them announce.

Still….

And with that, I retreat back into my hole….but watch for a quick Rangers goal in the 2nd, a semi-quick response from Canes, then 2 more goals from NYR before the end of the 2nd to make it 5-1 to crush our dreams before the start of the 3rd.

Oh and to call the Trouba hit “As clean as they come” is just blatant bias. His shoulder hit Jarvis in the head. Not “thru the body”

Well put:

Back