• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

I think we have plenty of potential...Aho, Necas, Svech, Kotkaniemi, and Jarvis are all 24 or under. Keep in mind, even guys like Draisaitl took until their 5th years to start scoring 30+ goals. Not that any of our guys will be Draisaitl, but the potential is there.

I know they probably don't read this thread, but....for the love of god, mods, please fix the REPLY WITH QUOTE feature.

All it does is give pinwheels and never loads or moves to a different page....I had to quote DeacMan manually in this post

Not saying they aren't great players. Just noting there are very few true super stars who can just take over pretty much any game they play in at any time. And you don't need one to win, but it sure helps.

I have a feeling that this Oilers-Avs series is going to be a total 180 from what we'll see in Rangers-Lightning.

Yes. Fun and exciting versus grinding and tedious.

This is going to be a lot of fun. The opposite of Canes/Rangers

Over/under on how many games it takes Rangers-Lightning to reach the nine goals scored before halfway through this game?

Maybe after this everyone will realize and remember that in hockey rust > rest (editor's note: they won't)

I guess the Rangers can beat 1st String Goalies as well.

Did not expect this at all...but between my trivia time having a wire-to-wire win tonight and this game, it's been an enjoyable Wednesday evening thus far.

It was a few pages back when I said Makar is perhaps the greatest defenseman I've ever seen. After I wrote it I thought "that sounds crazy". But then he does shit like this against one of the fastest skaters with some of the best hands on the planet. Guy is just an all-around stud.

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1532518239267332097

Blahhh....so disinterested in the playoffs since Canes were eliminated. Barely made myself watch any of the games so far...almost all I started watching in the 2nd period or later.

I'll probably only watch the Oilers/Avs series and the Finals.

Blahhh....so disinterested in the playoffs since Canes were eliminated. Barely made myself watch any of the games so far...almost all I started watching in the 2nd period or later.

I'll probably only watch the Oilers/Avs series and the Finals.

Dude you are just a ray of sunshine on this board, aren't you? :)

Back