• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

I'm already dreading the end of hockey season. I was able to catch up on Stranger Things on the 'night off', though.

https://stanleycupple.nhl.com
Stanley Cupple 4/7, 2022-06-09
⬜️⬜️🟩🟩⬜️🟨⬜️
⬜️🟩🟩🟩⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

So far I'm batting .750 over 20 attempts with a mean of 5 guesses.

question for hockey fans: broadcasts spend a lot of time talking about faceoffs and faceoff win percentage but it feels like it has a pretty minor impact on the game

do the advanced metrics support the emphasis on faceoffs on the game?

What can I say. Rangers on their heels after a brutal Game 5 loss and tossing away a 2-0 Series advantage.
TB is what I expected; a well oiled, discipline juggernaut who just win. Uphill from here but I’m going to stick with my Team who has been here before. Rangers in 7; you’ve heard it here first….

question for hockey fans: broadcasts spend a lot of time talking about faceoffs and faceoff win percentage but it feels like it has a pretty minor impact on the game

do the advanced metrics support the emphasis on faceoffs on the game?

Not all face-offs are the same. One at neutral ice isn't the end of the world. One in your defensive end when you're trying to kill a penalty (or vice versa) is pretty important.

Short version is that faceoff wins lead to time of possession, which leads to scoring opportunities.

Nah, he's not dirty at all. Would have been clean hit.

Jarvis should sue the NHL.

Leading with his elbow toward Palat's head. Anyone got the Jarvis hit video for comparison?

Not all face-offs are the same. One at neutral ice isn't the end of the world. One in your defensive end when you're trying to kill a penalty (or vice versa) is pretty important.

Short version is that faceoff wins lead to time of possession, which leads to scoring opportunities.

yeah, i get the gist that there are high-leverage situations where faceoffs matter, but as a broad category it seems to be overemphasized

this article seems to concur: https://theleafsnation.com/2021/11/...as far as faceoffs,to actually have an impact.

So, as far as faceoffs’ impact on winning a game, what we’ve learned from this is that faceoffs have almost no correlation with winning, and even if it did, a team would have to be absolutely dominant in the faceoff dot for this to actually have an impact.

Trouba's a fucking cunt sandwich! So dirty.

On another note, my best showing!

https://stanleycupple.nhl.com
Stanley Cupple 3/7, 2022-06-11
⬜️⬜️🟩⬜️⬜️⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜️⬜️⬜️🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️
⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️⬜️

I feel like I've just received a Mike Tyson punch to my gut. Especially only 21 seconds after Frank the Tank found Glory.

I feel like I've just received a Mike Tyson punch to my gut. Especially only 21 seconds after Frank the Tank found Glory.

Yeah, tough, tough loss but it was to a better Team. The schedule caught up with the Rangers and they lost their edge.
But be assured of one thing, as young as they are, they will be back again next year.
Go Avalanche!!

Hard to say these are not the two most deserving finals teams this playoffs. Tampa is still in their dynastic prime. Will be interesting to see how it goes between vasilevsky and the avalanche who score like 8 goals a game.

Meanwhile, Corey Perry is participating in a third straight Stanley Cup Final...with his third team.

Shockingly, this has happened before: Marian Hossa did it with Pens-Wings-Hawks in the late aughts.

Meanwhile, Corey Perry is participating in a third straight Stanley Cup Final...with his third team.

Shockingly, this has happened before: Marian Hossa did it with Pens-Wings-Hawks in the late aughts.

Then you got Pat Maroon who is going for his fourth Cup in a row - St Louis in 2019, then the Bolts the last two years.

Fun game 1, Avs are a delight. They had to have that one, doubt Vasil will be that shaky again

Back