• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

I’ve noticed that the Lenovo logo for the canes is gone which is nice

Feel like the Freddie Anderson is giving up way more soft goals this year, his save pct currently sub 900. Canes way outshooting opponents but it’s not showing up on the scoreboard.

Canes win the shootout in extras.

Also, my(?) Kraken are demolishing the Wild tonight. I guess Ronny may have had a plan after all up here.

Still hate the name but it's nice when the hometown teams are winning.

Feel like the Freddie Anderson is giving up way more soft goals this year, his save pct currently sub 900. Canes way outshooting opponents but it’s not showing up on the scoreboard.
Same pattern at last year. Makes for exciting regular season games, but we have seen how effective that style is in the post-season. Lots of mediocre forwards getting ice time. Fortunately Necas is off to a great start.

Same pattern at last year. Makes for exciting regular season games, but we have seen how effective that style is in the post-season. Lots of mediocre forwards getting ice time. Fortunately Necas is off to a great start.

Yeah. It looks pretty obvious that the Canes ownership is determined to build from within and refuse to take on any onerous contracts. That formula obviously works to get to the playoffs and keeps the team competitive year to year, but without a superstar goal scorer I think they are too prone for their offense to get shut down in the playoffs.

Canes win the shootout in extras.

Also, my(?) Kraken are demolishing the Wild tonight. I guess Ronny may have had a plan after all up here.

Still hate the name but it's nice when the hometown teams are winning.
What was your preferred name again?

I have Mr. Andersen in fantasy. The save% isn't there yet but his [fantasy and RL] value lies in getting Wins regardless of the statistical story. It helps that he has a very solid team in front of him.

What was your preferred name again?

g8MaAxhJ_400x400.jpg

Yeah. It looks pretty obvious that the Canes ownership is determined to build from within and refuse to take on any onerous contracts. That formula obviously works to get to the playoffs and keeps the team competitive year to year, but without a superstar goal scorer I think they are too prone for their offense to get shut down in the playoffs.
How do you suggest the canes obtain a "superstar goal scorer?" If you look around the league, all of the guys that fit that description were drafted by their respective teams (mcdavid, mathews, ovi, draisaitl, crosby, pasta, kaprizov). Adding patches this offseason should be a big boost to scoring when he return in December. Other than that, you have to rely on your young and talented core of aho/svech/necas/jarvy to keep getting better and scoring more.

The depth the Canes have on this team is pretty remarkable, hoping for another great season with more postseason success.

I’m not expecting my Sabres to win tonight. I just don’t think they have enough speed to keep pace. But I think this game will say a lot about how far the Sabres have come and if it is sustainable after the good start to the season.

Max Pac-whatever from Vegas should have helped a lot but he’s hurt until mid- season

How do you suggest the canes obtain a "superstar goal scorer?" If you look around the league, all of the guys that fit that description were drafted by their respective teams (mcdavid, mathews, ovi, draisaitl, crosby, pasta, kaprizov). Adding patches this offseason should be a big boost to scoring when he return in December. Other than that, you have to rely on your young and talented core of aho/svech/necas/jarvy to keep getting better and scoring more.

The depth the Canes have on this team is pretty remarkable, hoping for another great season with more postseason success.

The offers have been there - Canes have had multiple opportunities to make big trades like that, but they haven’t been willing to trade Svetch, Jarvis, Slavin, etc. Tkachuk and DeBrincat are two of the star scorers that I know they made offers for, but ultimately the FO has to be willing to trade away future value and maybe even “lose” a trade to make those deals happen.

5-3 W over Sabres. Aho hat trick (#3 empty netter), Necas and KK goals (KK first on the season). Sounded on highlights like a good number of Buffalo fans in the building.

Think it was KK that stunned Dahlin with a punch to the face also. Tagged him hard enough the linesman immediately stepped in.

Yup. FUBAR situation.

They're the top team in the East and recently got both Marchand and McAvoy back on the ice in record time. And yet, they still pull this shit? Beyond thoughtless.

Crazy scores around the league tonight!

Eichel picked up a hatty in Buffalo, too.

Back