• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Def an impressive finish on his goal, seems like the more he can play on his instincts the better he is. Woulda been top of my list in terms of dudes who for which a strong start would be key

If that guy can harness all his talent this year and give us a legitimate 2nd line threat along with KK and Turbo, I like the Canes chances to make some noise.
I said this last season, but Turbo needs to stay on the top line with Aho and either Jarvis or Svetch. He's too good all around and plays too well with Aho to split them up.

A second line of KK, Svetch, Necas could be seriously good, depending on whether KK takes the next step and Necas returns to the player we know he can be. Also, don't forget Drury. I think by mid-season he's getting time on the second line.

Should I pounce on these endzone tickets to watch the Sabres shoot twice?

Untitled.png

Wish I hadn't seen that as a Kings puck line bettor.

Unsurprisingly the Metro looking like the best division in hockey. Just absolutely brutalizing the West, 10-2 versus. More than a little jelly of Colorado, Calgary and (probably) Vegas who are gonna coast into the playoffs.

Rangers are scaring me a bit in that on early evidence they seem to no longer be getting dominated on the shot clock. I figured that might happen eventually, Gallant's teams have historically been pretty solid in that regard

Take off the ad-patch, and then take my money.

capitals-reverse-retro-2-a.jpg

Svech's first hat trick in a loss. Good season start for him and Necas. Canes 2-1 on 5 game west coast road trip thus far.

I've been MIA on this thread so far this year, but just wanted to stop in and say I'm very impressed with the team so far.

Sitting atop the division, 3 points away from leading the conference....Svech killing it, leading the league in Goals...Aho tied with him in Points, Necas starting out great and only a point back from both of them.

Jarvis looking sharp...Burns filling the DeAngelo role excellently.

Looking forward to dominating the league and making it out of the 2nd round this year very muchly!

Can't wait to share this with you guys, its OUR YEAR MAN!!!

Last edited:
Was about to complain about Oblong jinxing but nice rally tonight, Marty continues to look fantastic.

Teams 2-15 in the East currently separated by two points. Looking like it's gonna be that kinda year, in the Metro especially -- Devils, Isles and Flyers are massively improved

Last edited:
Is that actually what the helmet looks like? Regardless, what an absolute poverty franchise. Move their asses to Canada.

Back