• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Canes 6-0-1 in last 7, 6 of which were on the road.

They are who we thought they were.

The Caps are surprisingly on a 5 game heater (including 4 road contests). And some guy named Ovechkin scored his 800th career goal. I barely noticed with Chelios' drunken-rambling all evening (belying ESPN's entire manufactured event). I wonder if the worldwide leader in sports will follow-up on this story... #AaronJudge2.0

Back to back shutouts is pretty cool, especially with Aho out. The offense wasn't bad last night, just didn't get the bounces. The one goal was beautiful and Svetch hit the post on a nasty move.

Canes continue to roll. 7 game win streak, and 13 game point streak. Leading the division now, with Aho missing the last 6 games. Chatfield got his 1st NHL goal tonight and Burns with his 800th point on the game winner tonight. This team is going to be scary when we get Aho and Anderson back and add Pacioretty to the top 6.

I've been MIA again on this thread, but I just wanted to say I'm very impressed by the way Rod and this team have turned around some shitty circumstances from earlier in the season.

That stretch where we had 129 games go to OT and we lost was just miserable.

But fighting back to lead the division and the 2nd best record in the league is extremely encouraging and I'm so happy with the direction this team is headed.

Hopefully we can avoid further injuries and can hit the playoffs a little stronger than last year.

How are we thinking the lines stack up whenever Pacioretty becomes available?

We seem to be doing just fine without him, so will his addition just give us that extra boost, or will it hurt our chemistry?

Also, Kochetkov looks like the Goalie of the future for this team. I really like the way he's been playing.

As a side note, during tonight's game, which I have had on mute for most of it, they said that Kochetkov was going through something....what is that in reference to?

Ok, let's get this game and continue on our roll! (2-0 in 2nd intermission currently)

Holy cow...I was bored and looking thru some NHL records while watching some games tonight and I found this:

February 22, 1981:
(11) Quebec Nordiques vs Washington Capitals (7)
1st Period: 2-1 Quebec [2-1 Overall]
2nd Period: 5-3 Quebec [7-4 Overall]
3rd Period: 4-3 Quebec [11-7 Overall]

Quebec had 4 PP goals (2 each in 2nd/3rd periods)
Washington had 4 PP goals (1/2/1 periods)

14 Total multi-point scorers (7 each)

Quebec had Peter (4G/4A) and Anton Stastny (3G/5A) brothers BOTH score 8 points each.

That is a game I WISH I could have seen!

Tage Thompson is a boss.

Buffalo has been very streaky this year. Unfortunately, their goal-differential doesn't yet strongly correlate with points banked.

Our outdoor game is going to put this boring shitshow to shame.

It will be interesting to see what Rod does with the Canes offense lines now that Max P appears to be ready to play.

I think Noesen is the odd man out. Will be nice to have that depth come playoff time.

I think Noesen is the odd man out. Will be nice to have that depth come playoff time.
Noesen mixed it up last night to Tripp’s delight. Don’t see that much from this team. Canes break 4 game schnide with 6 goals, 5 from defense. Freddie Andersen was solid is his return in goal.

Noesen mixed it up last night to Tripp’s delight. Don’t see that much from this team. Canes break 4 game schnide with 6 goals, 5 from defense. Freddie Andersen was solid is his return in goal.
Columbus is literally the worst team in the NHL. This season is all about fail hard for Bedard. I was pissed when the Canes gave the Jackets two points last week. I wouldn't read much into last night's performance against a team that dresses about 10 rookies every night.

Still nice to have a slump buster though. Can’t hurt the confidence to see 6 goals go in.

Rangers on fire with a huge last second (literally) win over the Stars last night. Great game.

Columbus is literally the worst team in the NHL. This season is all about fail hard for Bedard. I was pissed when the Canes gave the Jackets two points last week. I wouldn't read much into last night's performance against a team that dresses about 10 rookies every night.
That Johnny Gaudreau signing not working out too well so far?

Is Tripp back in the booth? Glad to hear it.

Back