• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Interesting Athletic article for those with access - Eastern Conf contenders Stanley Cup requirements checklists.

No supportive Rangers comments permitted ;)

Not sure I agree with some of their assessment, but it looks pretty accurate.

I saw that Adam Henrique and Frank Vatrano were names in trade rumors for NYR and others. Any chance either of those guys end up in Raleigh?

Good game...thought we didn't play up to normal standards, but we were lucky and got that "power play" goal to win.

YAYY!!!

Let's get one in Columbus on Thursday!

For anyone interested, I am offering up Jack Eichel for the right deal in our fantasy league.....all 3 of you that pay attention.

Stars get Tanev from Flames. Great pickup without giving up one or our 3 great prospects.

This espn play by play guy on the Canes game is obsessed with the quality of the ice. Probably 12 references in the first 21 minutes of game time.

Good game...thought we didn't play up to normal standards, but we were lucky and got that "power play" goal to win.

YAYY!!!

Let's get one in Columbus on Thursday!
Canes shouldn't have any issues getting a W tonight. CBJ are coming off back to back knock down drag out fights with the Rangers. This is the back half of a back to back and the CBJ are starting their oft injured and frequently inconsistent backup goaltender.

Now of course, the CBJ will win 5-0.

Not only did we eat salary, but "To facilitate the three-way trade, the Hurricanes also sent unsigned KHL forward Kirill Slepets to the Maple Leafs. Carolina selected Slepets in the fifth round (No. 152 overall) in the 2019 NHL draft."

So we eat salary and replace a 5th round selection with a 6th. Strange.

up 3-0 & lose 5-3. bad goalie play by PK there to let that 4th goal in.

First game Ive been to this year. Tough to experience bad kochetkov in that third period.

Elias Pettersson to the Hurricanes would have been fun. I wonder who the Canes offered for his services.

Rangers tie it late then lose in a frenzy OT and SO that at one time they were up 1-0.
After the Deacs disaster in Blacksburg, I took my one point and went to bed.

“I’ve heard the asking price on Guentzel is multiple first-round picks, or a first-round pick and equivalent in top prospects or roster players,” Kaplan reported. “One rival executive said, ‘the Guentzel asking price is ridiculous.'

I just don’t see them coming down to hurricanes price tag.

“I’ve heard the asking price on Guentzel is multiple first-round picks, or a first-round pick and equivalent in top prospects or roster players,” Kaplan reported. “One rival executive said, ‘the Guentzel asking price is ridiculous.'

I just don’t see them coming down to hurricanes price tag.

Ah...that's rough....would make no sense to trade a roster player for him...and multiple 1sts is stupid.

I still think one of the Anaheim guys would be good, either Henrique or Vatrano (he'll probably end up back to NYR).

I know we need a 2C, but say we get one...does that make Drury a healthy scratch? He's done well this year, and IDK how Aho, 2C Player X, Staal, KK, and Drury fit at C. I guess one of them could play out of position.

Ideas?

That’s assuming we don’t trade someone away. I saw some rumor, I hope it’s not real, that we might shop Necas.

Back