• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Trading one of our two top prospects for a 2 month rental would be ridiculous, and we are probably one of the least likely franchises to make such a move. All that said, we will have to give up something significant for Guentzel.

Nikishin is basically untouchable, he’s one of the top 10 prospects in the NHL. Only way he gets moved is if we learn that he can’t leave Russia.
I think i read during the off season that he still won't be able to come over for another year after this one. Due to his contract in the KHL. Wonder if the Canes could buy out that deal or something. Especially if we lose both Pesce and Sjkei after this season.

Trading one of our two top prospects for a 2 month rental would be ridiculous, and we are probably one of the least likely franchises to make such a move. All that said, we will have to give up something significant for Guentzel.
I completely agree. Same with the 1st rounder last you Bradly Nadeau. He's been lighting up the NCAAs

Edit" I think Pickle said that we have 10+ picks this year, so hopefully its Bunting and picks. But I'm not sure that's enough

Guentzel + Ty Smith for a conditional 1st, 5th, and a couple prospects that are not our top 3-5. Decent deal imo.

Loved seeing Freddie back tonight. He was awesome too.

Bunting + our 6,7,9 prospects and likely a 2nd round pick. Pens clearly went quantity over quality.

(But now that I've said that, watch Guentzel pull a Paciorretty and rip his arm off or something in his 3rd game)

Aaaaaand OF COURSE HTTD has him in fantasy.....idk what the fuck happened with fantasy, but we should just give the crown to HTTD already and save the embarrassment of losing by 60 to him each round. He's clearly got a better way to evaluate players and ALWAYS gets the right guy.

Guentzel - Aho - Svechnikov
Turbo - Drury - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Jarvis
Noesen - KK - Fast
Lemieux

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - Chatfield
DeAngelo

Kochetkov
Andersen
Martin

tex-avery-wolf-awooga-cartoon-awooga.gif

I love this trade, even if it ends up being a 2024 rental. This is a proven playoff scorer, which we badly needed. And if Freddy is back for real, the Canes are a very legit contender. I can't wait for the playoffs.

My one problem with the trade is that Guentzel is hurt, and not particularly motivated to re-sign with us, so he may drag out his recovery and not play a significant amount of regular season games for us.

I love this trade, even if it ends up being a 2024 rental. This is a proven playoff scorer, which we badly needed. And if Freddy is back for real, the Canes are a very legit contender. I can't wait for the playoffs.
There's nothing Cane fans shouldn't be happy about with this trade and your goalie back.

Wonder who the odd man out is. Drury or KK? Gotta be KK, right?
We just gave the guy an 8 year contract....surely we can't be moving him out to pasture already??

He's been pretty bad this year, but I don't think he is done here....but probably a healthy scratch more frequently.
Turbo - Drury - Necas
Noesen - KK - Fast
Lemieux

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - Chatfield
DeAngelo

Kochetkov
Andersen
Martin

View attachment 8468

Turbo - Drury - Necas
Noesen - [Kuznetzov - KK] (or Drury - KK, or KK - Drury)
Fast/Lemieux

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
Orlov - Chatfield
DeAngelo

Kochetkov
Andersen
Martin

Kuznetzov probably starts on the 4th line until he's back in form. At least that's what I'd assume. The great thing is we now have depth for obvious injuries that are going to happen based on our luck...and are gaining proven playoff experience.

I'm super pumped that we didn't have to give up but one roster player to get this done, and it was someone we just signed recently, so it's not the "regular guys". Really really excited for the playoffs now.

And HTTD, the Caps now have 26 draft picks over the next 3 years. So....there ya go.

Back