• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nickelodeon 1990's Face-Off Tournament (Update: Actual bracket results on Page 4)

Round 1:
Doug, Rocko (so tough as these two are my favorite behind P&P), Pete and Pete, Clarissa, All That, Hey Arnold (how does this escape the animation?), Guts and Double Dare

Semis:
Rocko, Pete and Pete, Arnold, Guts

Final:
Rocko v. Hey Arnold

Champ:
Rocko

Actual order of favorites:
Rocko, Ren and Stimpy, Pete and Pete, Hey Arnold, Doug, Guts, Double Dare, Figure it Out, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Rugrats, All That, Keenan and Kel, Clarissa, Salute Your Shorts, Are you Afraid of the Dark, Hey Dude

Final 4: Ren & Stimpy, Hey Dude, Are you afraid of the dark, Double Dare

Double dare beats R&S. We were all pulling for R&S but DD is just too talented and Mark Summers is just too evil to be stopped.

-Doug......................Are You Afraid of the Dark? -
-Pete & Pete.............GUTS...............................-

Doug vs. AYAOTD in the final

AYAOTD in a stunning upset!

enough said.
tumblr_m1kbpeW9YI1qkzq2x.jpg

She was in Skyrim.

Doug, Clarissa, Are you Afraid of the Dark, ...and I can't decide Legends of the Hidden Temple or Guts.

then Doug over Clarissa, and Legends/Guts over AYAOTD.

final: Doug vs. Legends/Guts

winner: Legends/Guts.

I honestly can't decide, I wanted to be on both so badly.

My final four is:
Doug vs Hey Dude
Salute Your Shorts vs. Guts

Championship:
Doug vs. Guts

Nickelodeon Champ: Doug

Last edited:
Doug was the tits, but Pete and Pete holds up so well even today. It might be nostalgia talking, but it was just so surreal and different from anything else then or today. Solid music. Plus, Steve Buscemi, Iggy Pop, Michael Stipe, Janeane Garafolo, Chris Elliot, LL Cool J, Adam West, and Debbie Harry. It's not even a competition.

This is amazing. I don't even know how to do the first round winners let alone the overall tourney champ.

Final four is Rugrats, Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts, and LOTHT, with Legends edging out Rugrats for the title.

Just noticed I never put my winners up. My personal favorites...

Elite Eight
Doug
Ren & Stimpy
Pete & Pete
Hey Dude
Salute Your Shorts
Are You Afraid Of The Dark
Guts
Double Dare

Final Four
Doug
Pete & Pete
Guts

Finals
Doug

Champion
Doug

Ridiculous our very own rjequalsmj missing the actuator on the Aggro Crag for a third place finish hasn't been mentioned. He avoided the tumbling rocks and continued to advance without realizing he missed the 4th or 5th actuator.

Doug
Kenan & Kel
Hey Arnold (even though it doesn't belong in the category)
LOTHT (by far the hardest bracket)

Doug and LOTHT in the finals, Doug takes the crown.

AYAOTD's intro was the tits. Watching it with the lights turned off at 10:00 was pretty terrifying for young me.

Guts was great. The host put on a ton of weight. It makes me wonder if he just got really out of shape or was just doing a lot of blow in the 90s.

Back