• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT 2024: Next in a Long Line of Basketball Disappointments

The App st fans around me were actually ....good fans? They were loud and cheered on their team and didn't get in my face. There was a ten year old kid sitting behind who was an app fan who screamed "What the heck!!" everytime they missed a shot. I respected that little dude bc i've certainly been there plenty of times with the Deacons over the years. Gimme a bunch of App St fans over a bunch of tarheel fans every day of the week.
I have a soft spot for App and I’ll always root for them after us. Great fans that know how to have fun. Know a lot of people out there and always like to see App succeed.

Not reading the unread 15 pages on this, but I assume it was discussed—even if it did get loud for App I don’t think that’s all that embarrassing for us. School triple our size with triple our fanbase just an hour down 421. If it were a school like UNCW yeah I’d be embarrassed but App? Not really tbh

No. We don’t share the same opinions on a number of things. We just happen to have agreed over the years that the Joel was not right for wake. Does the Joel even matter in the current landscape? I’m not so sure.
Wake, coming out of the doldrums of ABSOLUTE SHIT, has won all but 1 game in the last 2 seasons at the Joel and you think it is a problem?

Do facts not matter? Do statistics not matter? This is mind-blowing. Get over your opinion. Perhaps... GASP! you're wrong.

I know a lot of people wanted to decline the NIT bid and that would make sense if our whole team was about to hit the portal. But if we can get this core to return, these extra games are more experience they have playing together
100% agree

Also I know it’s the NIT but still enjoy seeing deacs winning postseason games.

I thought the “ they” he referred to being in the NIT and not the NCAA’s was the officials, not Wake’s basketball team. Could be wrong, though that would make more sense when focusing on the foul discrepancy.
That’s how read it too.

see my ninja edit please

we don't have a 'very large' basketball arena for the level we play at

You. Are. Wrong.

There is nothing wrong with the Joel. It looks rough outside but Wake has made some solid upgrades inside to make it one of the nicest basketball arenas in the ACC. The new scoreboards and signage are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before we turn the page on App, at least until the dark day when we become conference brethren as seems more and more likely, did we ever finish the last FB series with them? I know the return game got nixed due to Covid, right? I'd be fine with buying that game out if we didn't already.

Wake, coming out of the doldrums of ABSOLUTE SHIT, has won all but 1 game in the last 2 seasons at the Joel and you think it is a problem?

Do facts not matter? Do statistics not matter? This is mind-blowing. Get over your opinion. Perhaps... GASP! you're wrong.
Like I literally just said, I’m not sure it matters anymore. Sucks. We hired [Redacted] that resulted in losing 10 or so years and now the game has changed.

So how do you dislike a million times over? If only Wake had any other guys with his mentality and toughness over the last 10-12 years….
Yeah, among the dumbest f****** comments I've ever seen on this board

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

To answer my own question, don't see App listed at this link, which is good. I missed the news that we're playing Kennesaw State in 2025. Didn't even know they had a football team.

I was at the game tonight and the App fan base was plentiful, loud and supportive of their squad. Their attendees are a lot younger and have a lot more energy than our fans do. It reflects in their band, their cheerleaders and the gear they dress in. It’s fun and I wish Wake was a little more like that but it never will be. The older gray haired alums and supporters get the prime seats while the students are basically behind the baskets or in the upper level. Until we get an elite team that is successful over a number of years, the crowds we have had the past few years have been good but rarely a sellout (except Duke this year) and don’t give us a distinct advantage unlike Duke, Carolina, VT, Syracuse, etc. do. Comments and complaints about the Joel are ridiculous. We are lucky to have such a fine facility. A top flight team will take care of those complaints IMO.

Like I literally just said, I’m not sure it matters anymore. Sucks. We hired [Redacted] that resulted in losing 10 or so years and now the game has changed.
Get over twat face from over 10 years ago.

I have.

That's a lazy ass fucking excuse to be wrong, btw.

Get over twat face from over 10 years ago.

I have.

That's a lazy ass fucking excuse to be wrong, btw.
I’m confused as to your position but I think we agree we want the deacs to do well. We just disagree on how best we could have achieved it. I’m not sure any of this debate matters that much at this point.

I’m confused as to your position but I think we agree we want the deacs to do well. We just disagree on how best we could have achieved it. I’m not sure any of this debate matters that much at this point.
Yeah, I stopped caring about your bullshit long ago, BSD. Tired arguments over stadium sizes is lame AF. But have fun!

Back