• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT bubble watch

DownEastDeac

Reaction score

So our fate is in the hands of the Committee....assuming there is a Committee.
So do the Deacs have a "watch (more likely wait for a phone call an hour after the NCAA selections) party"?

I guess we are #105 in basketball if next 4 out for NIT----68 NCAA and 32 NIT---------------we are better than 50 of the teams making the tourneys
That's not the way it works. The NIT guarantees bids to regular season conference champs who don't win their tourney. There are at least 4 teams with a lower NET ranking than us that have already qualified for the NIT.

It sucks but it's their own fault if they don't play post season. Love the team but they had real difficulty focusing their full attention for a full game.

It sucks but it's their own fault if they don't play post season. Love the team but they had real difficulty focusing their full attention for a full game.
I’m not sure that’s a fair characterization. The depth was just too shallow. It’s more fatigue than focus IMO.

They sure focused really f ing hard today to close the game. Yesterday too. Far too many lapses in game.

It's not shit talk. Most of the team is pretty young and inexperienced.

At least ,,virginia beat unc hopefully killing unc's hope for ncaa

Appleby, Hildreth, Carr, Monsanto played a lot of minutes. Williamson played a lot when he was healthy. But he wasn't healthy for much of the season. Marsh also got a lot of minutes, but was limited in some matchups. Klintman got a lot of minutes after Monsanto got injured. Bradford, Keller and Taylor got sporadic, limited minutes.

Wake was not deep and Forbes just didn't have options when somebody was having a bad day (Appleby) or was nicked up (Carr). Guys had dead legs by the Miami game today. Missed free throws and shots were the result.

I’m not sure that’s a fair characterization. The depth was just too shallow. It’s more fatigue than focus IMO.
I think you could argue we played over our heads for a good bit, then came back down to where we were overall as a team.

Ha, will be funny sweating the selection show Sunday night (think it is around 9:00) if I recall last year.

I don't understand opting out. Even if they don't care, UNC has a number of players who would benefit from playing some actual minutes in a forum like the NIT.

I also think there would be a lot of pressure on teams to accept the bid.

funny to have us listed behind Utah Valley. Va Tech I think is silly too, but that BC loss hurt the NIT resume.

Back