• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NIT bubble watch

As for UNC declining the NIT, this was the correct move; not b/c of the "this is beneath us" factor, but b/c of a lot of behind-the-scenes noise that Hubert and I'm sure Bubba and others want to let die and move away from. Hubert alluded to it after the UVA loss, saying that instead of dealing with 18 guys in the locker-room, he was confronted throughout the season by NIL, boosters, family members, agents, etc. And of course the elephant in the room of a player tapping a teammate's girlfriend. As thought by many at the time, a couple of players came back this year not so much to compete for a national championship, but the NIL $$ made a better biz decision than a 2nd-round NBA deal or playing overseas.
UNC does a great job of keeping their dirty laundry in-house and under wraps; not sure what was more impressive: their undetected cheating of almost 20 years, or the "what's the big deal?" response after getting caught and much of the the media and NCAA nodding in agreement.
I think Hubert's a good guy, and even though he's a "new" coach, he's been around this stuff long enough to share some of the frustrations of how the game has changed which probably sent Roy into retirement.
A lot of intrigue behind this year's team and program, and the best way to keep it buried is to let everyone go their separate ways out of the spotlight.
Most are coming back next year lol

Just seems like if the NCAA cared about having a good #2 tournament, they'd pick teams holistically rather than just selected the top remaining NET teams. Because then you get crap like this.

It's clear they don't though.

Justin Moore would be a great add if he ends up in the portal.

Exactly the type of guy I'd like to get in that he can play both the 1 & 2, has some size, and comes from a very good program. He's also somebody that would be looking for one more season to impress NBA scouts who may be concerned about his health post-injury.

The Gators did not deserve to be in the NIT and are showing that loud & clear. They have sucked most the season but especially after Castleton’s injury.

Clempson goes down to Morehead State by 68-64 in front of several dozen Tiger fans at Littlejohn. Glad to see they're keeping Brownell and his underachieving ways for another season. He ought to do well with a depleted roster next year.

Clempson goes down to Morehead State by 68-64 in front of several dozen Tiger fans at Littlejohn. Glad to see they're keeping Brownell and his underachieving ways for another season. He ought to do well with a depleted roster next year.
I have a daughter at Morehead. Outside of their win over Louisville in the NCAA tournament when Kenneth Faried was a senior this might be the biggest win in their modern history.

Back