• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I thought this Wall Street Journal piece about a NC furniture manufacturer dealing with COVID was interesting. https://www.wsj.com/articles/furniture-maker-coronavirus-11597875260?mod=hp_lead_pos5

Goes into some of the weird aspects of this situation, like how millions are laid off but wealthy people are still buying lots of expensive furniture and the cultural/political disputes around masks in the workplace. Interesting read esp. because of the NC connection.

This one was inexcusable. Anybody could have done one minute of research to find it was a hoax and they didn’t.

He knew it was transmitted in the air. He knew it was deadlier than the flu. In February. He intentionally downplayed it.

Non-politically.

So am I safe to go back to my gym now? I normally go at around 8-830 pm and there's rarely anyone there when I go. A couple of people max.

He knew it was transmitted in the air. He knew it was deadlier than the flu. In February. He intentionally downplayed it.

Non-politically.

Of course everyone with a brain knew that he understood that danger and was lying through his teeth. Still astounding to actually have it captured on tape when he was saying publicly that cases would go to zero and the whole thing would disappear. There would be discussion of removal from office for any other president and yet we are still neck and neck in the polls.

So am I safe to go back to my gym now? I normally go at around 8-830 pm and there's rarely anyone there when I go. A couple of people max.

Obviously your decisions and risk tolerance are your own...but no.

So am I safe to go back to my gym now?.

You are brave. Remember they recommend 25 feet when exercising (I think it depends on type of exercise). Disinfect everything throughly and wear mask.

I mean, I’m already back teaching and the kids eat lunch in my room, so it’s not like I can assure people around me I’m cool. Plus the corona can’t penetrate my wicked pecs.

Shame dolt 45 went and made this virus non politically political.

I actually posed this question several months ago and ended up going back to my HIIT workouts indoors for a few weeks without any issues. They have smaller class sizes, everyone is at least 6 feet apart, and you have your own station where you only use the weights at your station and either a bike or rower for cardio. They also have an air flow system that claims to kill viruses such as the coronavirus, are checking temperatures at the door, disinfecting thoroughly between classes, and more.

I stopped doing the indoor workouts for the time being as the cases exploded in SC and it wasn't worth the risk to continue doing them indoors. With that being said, I am still not convinced that that risk factor is as great as some people are saying. If it was, wouldn't we see outbreaks all over the country associated with people going back to the gym as gyms are open in many parts of the country? Below is the only evidence I have been able to find of outbreaks associated with gyms:

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/8/20-0633_article
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/investigations/equinox-gym-coronavirus-beverly-hills/2390166/

Only one of these in the US and neither article says anything about whether any precautions were taken around social distancing, mask wearing when not doing intense cardio, not sharing equipment, airflow and air filtration, etc. I am in complete agreement that the risk is very high when no precautions are taken for indoor workouts, but it seems to me there is more evidence showing that indoor workouts are fine or at least much less risky when the proper precautions are taken.

If I am missing more evidence of outbreaks associated with indoor workouts let me know, but those are just my thoughts.

Man, just got another nasal swap. I think she touched the back of my butthole with that thing.

So, I got my second dose of COVID Vaccine in the trial today. I hope this one knocks me out on my ass less. I'll keep you gaybois posted.

I'd think you'd have antibodies from the first go-round. Unless they made the placebo so that it really messes with you - just for kicks.

Looks like my sister is a Long-Hauler, has had fatigue since May, has a rash, bad headaches and can't sleep. Never had a cough or fever, has the antibodies, never tested positive (though never got tested back in May)

Last edited:
Back