• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

White House takes away authority from the FDA to regulate Covid tests. Get your unproven home test today!

Or they could just stay the fuck out of it and let people tend to their own garden. That's the huge disconnect with blues - blues don't think that people are capable of solving their own problems.

So, you think we should not have public education?

My Pillow home test.

"Where's your hand?"

"Between two pillows."

"Those aren't pillows!"

CInKlKqWEAAFcgc

Or they could just stay the fuck out of it and let people tend to their own garden. That's the huge disconnect with blues - blues don't think that people are capable of solving their own problems.

Saying I support gay rights is, in fact, a socially liberal opinion. Republicans, by large, do not hold that opinion.

Our military budget is insane. It should be smaller. That fits both into my fiscal red side, and the blue side that wants the money in other places.

We've turned this into another tunnels thread. We made it 190 pages, Non-politically. Good on us.

I'll take it to the political chat thread but the last comment in response to this: 1. like I said, just claiming you're socially liberal doesn't make you socially liberal, 2. it's not that people aren't "capable of solving their own problems" in plenty of areas but if there is a systemic issue at play then one person in the wheel can't change that system and there are frequently forces at work beyond what one person or even a group of people can accomplish without at least some oversight, 3. I fundamentally disagree that if the government just stayed out of everyone's way that things would vastly improve on a social equality level (and I think that's pretty evident based on what types of wide scale social reforms we've had to undertake in this country to effectuate such reform - medicaid, medicare, social security, federal troops mandating integration + Brown v. Board, federal minimum wage, and the list goes on)

Yeah. It’s pretty pathetic that the same Christians who believe people are inherent evil and must be saved by a divine power also believe people would be fine without government but also believe we need an oppressive government system of law and order.

It’s almost as if they want to use government to help some people and hurt others.

Last edited:
Yeah. It’s pretty pathetic that the same Christians who believe people are inherent evil and must be saved by a divine power also believe people would be fine without government but also believe we need an oppressive government system of law and order.

It’s almost as if they want to use government to help some people and hurt others.

The hard truth is that the vast majority of Christians are only Christians when convenient. We all exist on a scale here, but frankly the vast majority exist much closer to the "Sunday Morning Christian" than an every day follower of Christ.

Agreed. Plus for some Christianity is some weird jingoistic white nationalist economic conservative mashup that has limited Biblical roots.

Had not thought about it in a long time but listened to bad religion's early 90s song American Jesus recently. Its even more true today.

Last edited:
My institution is requiring COVID screening for everybody before allowing us to return to the office so I went and had the nasal swab this morning. It sucked but was over fast. It was like the most intense dose of wasabi I've ever had but only lingered for a couple minutes.

How often are you going to campus?

How often are you going to campus?

This test was my first official visit to campus. I haven't been to the office once since I officially started at the beginning of June. I'd know even have a key or an ID card yet.

fake

a85e9f14-a026-4686-b4ff-ab615eb14424-large3x4_PAVLLITTLEPIGSTRUMPMENU.transfer_frame_1987.jpg

https://wlos.com/news/local/asheville-restaurant-says-trump-special-photo-is-a-fake

News 13 found out that changing the sign and posting it is all too easy. For several years, an online sign generator has allowed users to customize the Little Pigs sign.

Anyone can just log on and type in whatever they want.

"We don't put stuff like that, whether it's Democrat or Republican," Swicegood said.

When News 13 crews were at the barbecue joint on Friday, the sign said "Taking Applications" on one side and "Orders To Go..." on the other.

Other meme examples with fake wording include "Safest restaurant on Earth, no Muslims inside," and one that reads "Bring any NFL stuff and let us burn it" for a "free sandwich."

I thought this Wall Street Journal piece about a NC furniture manufacturer dealing with COVID was interesting. https://www.wsj.com/articles/furniture-maker-coronavirus-11597875260?mod=hp_lead_pos5

Goes into some of the weird aspects of this situation, like how millions are laid off but wealthy people are still buying lots of expensive furniture and the cultural/political disputes around masks in the workplace. Interesting read esp. because of the NC connection.

Back