• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Poor people. Stay classy San Diego.

Its not about "throwing all the money at poor people." 8ts about allocating money appropriately. There can be legit disagreement about how exactly to do that but super funding cops and endless wars is not working now and never has. Scaring people with boogeyman has successfully kept people like mitch McConnell and his ilk in power. Kept local politicians in power as well.

Hard to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative since a large part of addressing failures contributing to social division comes from the federal government providing adequate financial support. Just saying you’re socially liberal because you support gay rights doesnt actually make you socially liberal. Not to mention you could do a hell of a lot more to address social domestic issues if we stopped throwing an inane amount of money into the military black hole. Fiscal conservatives generally gloss right over the military expenditures

Hard to be socially liberal and fiscally conservative since a large part of addressing failures contributing to social division comes from the federal government providing adequate financial support. Just saying you’re socially liberal because you support gay rights doesnt actually make you socially liberal. Not to mention you could do a hell of a lot more to address social domestic issues if we stopped throwing an inane amount of money into the military black hole. Fiscal conservatives generally gloss right over the military expenditures

Or they could just stay the fuck out of it and let people tend to their own garden. That's the huge disconnect with blues - blues don't think that people are capable of solving their own problems.

Saying I support gay rights is, in fact, a socially liberal opinion. Republicans, by large, do not hold that opinion.

Our military budget is insane. It should be smaller. That fits both into my fiscal red side, and the blue side that wants the money in other places.

We've turned this into another tunnels thread. We made it 190 pages, Non-politically. Good on us.

Saying you support gay rights doesn’t in and of itself make you socially liberal. It makes you not an asshole. This isn’t 1980.

Shit numbers already said that verbatim in a post I skipped

You're really going to sit here in America in 2020 and say "People will do the right thing if the government just gets out of the way"? Why do you want people who are not straight white cis men to have to experience rampant discrimination just because "people can tend to their own garden"?

I think the last few years have shown us that the deplorable basket of people is very full, and in that basket there are plenty of people that think woman should shut up, stay at home, and have kids, as well as plenty of people that would straight up engage in slavery if they were allowed to "do the right thing"

I think the last few years have shown us that the deplorable basket of people is very full, and in that basket there are plenty of people that think woman should shut up, stay at home, and have kids, as well as plenty of people that would straight up engage in slavery if they were allowed to "do the right thing"

What the actual fuck? Where are you going that you see people who advocate for slavery?

interesting turn of conversation. I also consider myself a libertarian. I am very liberal on social issues, in fact most should not even be a government concern. as a country, how exactly are "all men are created equal", as described in U.S. Declaration of Independence when some have their rights taken away for being different (LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual))? Freedom of religion unless you are not christian...WHICH THIS COUNTRY WAS NOT FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION, for fucks sake.

I am also very fiscally conservative...some may call me thrifty or whatever. it is simple, money in/money out it is the fundamental rules of a budget. use it and live it! i work with the VA and that place is a piece of shit and run like it is monopoly money. drives me crazy. as a DINK family that is fiscally conservative we will retire at 50. right on track.

I actually do not mind giving money to the poor, but I need things more organized and orderly. chaos breeds corruption (see Chump). if you are doing well and don't give back, you are a shitty person IMO.

last note...wtf with the comment about Democrats and going bananas on gun control? stupidly uniformed comment. just because you want a background check and maybe not everyone needs to carry a gun in 2020 like it was the 1800s does not seem bananas. allowing military style weapons and individuals to amass a munition of weapons in a civilized society is bananas.

before the peanut gallery chimes in...ex republican and ex military (4 guns in the house), no longer go to church and have advanced degree and work in medical research.

i would gladly vote for a dog over Chump

back to the virus and how horrible America is doing...we are wasting a fucking year of our lives because some fucking children won't wear masks. we would almost be living normal with just an ounce of personal responsibility. thanks republicans

Last edited:
Alright y'all, we have this newish thing on the politics forum called the political chat thread where a lot of this (very interesting) convo about political idealogy could go, lets try to keep it somewhat 'rona related at least on this thread.

This is a troll post, right?

You're comparing an insufficient minimum wage with hundreds of years of rape, extreme physical abuse, the elimination of free will, and torture?

You may want to familiarize yourself with our prison system.

yeah, where's that post about the CA firefighting system literally not being able to function without prison inmates?

yeah, where's that post about the CA firefighting system literally not being able to function without prison inmates?

It's crazy to me that I had no idea the prisoners were being used in a such a way.

It's crazy to me that I had no idea the prisoners were being used in a such a way.

That tweet mentioned over 50 youth offenders fighting fires.

And did you know that it’s harder for the best firefighters to get parole because they’re so valuable? And that the ones who do get out can’t get jobs as firefighters because they’re felons?

And non-politically prisons are full of COVID.

What the actual fuck? Where are you going that you see people who advocate for slavery?

I don't think it takes a huge leap to say if you are marching as an admitted white supremacist that you aren't open to enslaving other races, but sure maybe the supremacy they are talking about end with just wanting to go back to separate water fountains.

Back