• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

I don't know why it isn't weekly. They may be working towards that goal. We already moved to split shifts with extensive cleaning between to minimize contact between employees.

It would be great to have a definite answer on how much cleaning actually helps stops the spread. My hunch is that businesses are spending a ton of time and effort on wiping down surfaces when those resources could be much better spent on testing and improving air filtration.

It would be great to have a definite answer on how much cleaning actually helps stops the spread. My hunch is that businesses are spending a ton of time and effort on wiping down surfaces when those resources could be much better spent on testing and improving air filtration.

This is definitely true. Extra sanitation is hygiene theater. HEPA filters would be much better investments.

I agree with the above. Since I work in a large toxicology lab my biggest concern is break rooms. Otherwise we are pretty sanitary since we have always worked with nasty biological samples.

Unless a person has a high viral titer and sneezes on a door handle or elevator button then the surface cleaning is mostly a waste of money. Easier to just have personal responsibility to wash your own hands and use hand sanitizer after touching common objects like handles, buttons, pin pads, etc...

the dumbest covid measure is when mayors take a tough stance and stop the sale of alcohol at 9pm

What about taking temperatures at the door, won’t that certainly catch the asymptomatic carriers?

I have not regained my precovid mojo. Runs are harder, lifts are weaker, seem to stay sore longer. Working out is a chore now. I realize that’s small potatoes compared to most people’s experience, but I miss my energy level.

I have not regained my precovid mojo. Runs are harder, lifts are weaker, seem to stay sore longer. Working out is a chore now. I realize that’s small potatoes compared to most people’s experience, but I miss my energy level.

how long ago did you have it?

My job is just about to start a regular testing program. Every two weeks they will give a non-invasive rapid test. Upper management was concerned that some people wouldn't like the policy but everyone I have talked to welcomes the peace of mind.

Do you know which one you will be using. It may not be intended for screening asymptomatic individuals.

Here you go Mako. Saw a bunch of these guys today.
aecf4078485047443a9007092b325249.jpg

Back