• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Going to host a Friendsgiving dinner with probably 10 people on Saturday. I’m suppose to fly back Wednesday To NC and found out that my grandma (oldAF) is attending the dinner. I plan on getting a test Tuesday just to be extra sure. I got the bodies and shit, what do y’all say. I don’t wanna kill grandma .

Going to host a Friendsgiving dinner with probably 10 people on Saturday. I’m suppose to fly back Wednesday To NC and found out that my grandma (oldAF) is attending the dinner. I plan on getting a test Tuesday just to be extra sure. I got the bodies and shit, what do y’all say. I don’t wanna kill grandma .

You should probably ask a doctor about that instead of us

Moderna data looks good, also no extreme cold chain should make delivery way easier than Pfizer. Plus more doses = more doses.

Sounds like a terrible idea all around TBH.

I think it's a good idea. I mean, you are going to require everyone to have PCR tests 3 days in advance and only admit those who have quarantined AND had negative results...right?

More good news on the vaccine front with Moderna today at 94.5% effective. Reassuring to have multiple options out there especially with the less stringent storage requirements for Moderna. Still probably looking at ~6 months to get these out to the population on a major scale. Time for everyone to buckle down.

There's no reason to get tested on Tuesday if you're going to fly on Wednesday.

If you have 10-15 people at your gathering in NC there will be a 15-30% chance that one will be infected https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/ Grandma attending is a terrible idea.

Are you saying you'd take a test on Tuesday that would give you results on Tuesday before flying? I say if you test negative then go for it. How old is grandma? Is she old enough that everyone is cool with her dying?

like old enough that she might not have another Thanksgiving anyways? If that's the case, eat the turkey, say the blessing, hug the grandma and come to terms that if she catches it she will probably die.

important question: would grandma be dying for the sake of the economy?

if so, you're actually encouraged to increase the risk

If you and the contact were not wearing masks, then you should quarantine for 14 days. I think that messaging has been lost along the way in the US as one part of our terrible governmental responses to COVID. It doesn't matter what your test shows - I have seen many in your situation with negative tests that then develop symptoms and positive tests afterward.

This bears repeating. If you have confirmed contact with a confirmed case then you need to quarantine for 14 days despite any negative test you may have received.

This bears repeating. If you have confirmed contact with a confirmed case then you need to quarantine for 14 days despite any negative test you may have received.

There would be literally no teacher at my high school right now if this protocol was adhered to.

Anyone with any good info on antibodies and how long until my wife and I have to worry about catching and/or spreading again?

We both had it the first week of October.

Back