• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Got Pfizer today. Arm is pretty sore but so far no other symptoms. I feel tired but can’t sleep. I haven’t had COVID that I know of. Tomorrow should be interesting

got my first appt booked for Tuesday morning. had forgotten I got put on the Ingles waiting list but Buncombe County released supply to them today and I got a call. could've had Friday but gonna be out of town.

How does this square with the trials that show very high, but not total, effectiveness? People who got the vaccine still got COVID.

I assume it means the same 90% of vaccinated people that won't get sick also won't carry the virus or infect others.

Got the J&J last Friday and was down for the count on Saturday with cold chills and body aches but no fever. Woke up Sunday and felt great. Less than two weeks until I'm in the clear.

Questions for the science peeps on this thread. Why do I need to wear a mask once vaccinated? Is it primarily due to concerns over variants, concerns that I can still get, not know it, and pass it to a non vaccinated person, something else, or all of the above?

Am I good to go back to HIIT workouts? They are still taking precautions and haven't heard of any issues so I feel safe.
Reposting as this got lost in the nonsense about grape sampling/stealing.

Reposting as this got lost in the nonsense about grape sampling/stealing.

Cleveland Clinic says this (note: #3 is mostly no longer a concern:

1. It takes time for the vaccine to kick in
2. The vaccines do not provide 100% protection
3. Those who have been vaccinated might be asymptomatic spreaders
4. We still need to protect those with compromised immune systems and those who can’t be vaccinated
5. There are still limited doses of the vaccine

tl;dr: Vaccine is very effective but not 100% effective, and so you *could* still contract Covid-19 and spread to others. This risk will diminish as others get vaccinated.

(Do what you want re: wearing a mask and going to your workout)

Pretty intense night after getting J&J yesterday. Felt like my whole body was on fire, dizzy, nauseous. Finally cooled myself down by laying on the tile floor for a while. Also I had these weird electric pinches all over. Feeling better now, just kind of lethargic. Excited to be done, though.

Pretty intense night after getting J&J yesterday. Felt like my whole body was on fire, dizzy, nauseous. Finally cooled myself down by laying on the tile floor for a while. Also I had these weird electric pinches all over. Feeling better now, just kind of lethargic. Excited to be done, though.

J&J hit me similarly hard and it lasted ~30 hours (started around 11pm night of). I also swung from feeling intensely hot to getting unstoppable chills (kept waking my wife up I was shaking the bed so hard and couldn't even hold my hands steady enough to drink water before I crawled into bed). Took everything I had to make it through the next day when the symptoms persisted (was the weekend and my wife had un-cancellable commitments so I had to watch the kid and couldn't go back to bed). Really wish I'd planned the day after as a work day so the kid would have been in daycare and I could have slept it off. I woke up in a pool of sweat at 5am two mornings later and immediately knew it was finally over. Just had a bad hangover the rest of the day.

Really regretted it for another 3 days on a personal level (sickest I've FELT in years and all I got was 72% protection?!), but now I'm glad it's over. Would definitely take an S-tier Pfizer if available in a year or something (or a booster shot to improve efficacy)

I got the J&J at lunch yesterday. Felt fine the rest of the day. I did not sleep well. Woke up with my mind racing. Felt a little achy this morning so I took 2 Advil mid-morning. Feeling great now. So not bad at all.

I think this mirrors my wife's experience exactly. I was very jealous.

I think it's because I was #tooathletic. I was on a 130 day Peloton Streak that J&J completely ended. Thanks a lot big vax.

what is S-tier Pfizer and how would I know if I'm getting it? getting first Pfizer dose on Tue.

My which company made the vaccine and what type it was ranking from a few months ago is holding steady.

Got my second Moderna shot last night - woo-hoo! Felt OK so far - little fatigued today and ran a low grade fever a while ago. Took some tylenol and feeling OK right now. I am almost 24 hours post-shot...

Cookout got S-tier Pfizer and barely had a hangover after second shot.

I felt absolutely nothing after the second Pfizer. No arm soreness or fatigue (which I had for a day after the first shot) or any side effects. It kind of freaks me out. I felt the injection, so I got something.

Anyhoo my two week waiting period ends on Monday. Which is the week of my Spring Break! And I am not able to do anything to celebrate because I’m an #old now.

Back