• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

One of my friends is a pastor at a fairly liberal episcopal church in Eastern NC. He posted a story on Instagram (on his personal account) about being thankful for his son being vaccinated. But he marked it for “close friends” only, which means he didn’t want it to be public to his congregation that he was happy his kid got vaccinated.

That’s a huge fucking bummer.

A friend of mine whose teenagers have been vaccinated posted she was happy for all the kids who have gotten vaccinated and one of her friends went off on her about respecting choices and all that crap. My friend calmly explained that she was happy about people making the choice to get the vaccine.

My wife is having an outpatient surgical procedure tomorrow and I won’t find out until tomorrow morning if I can wait in the waiting room or I have to wait in my truck.

Hope things go well for y’all.

My wife has had 4 of those since the pandemic began. We’ve had quite different experiences each time in terms of whether and when I could accompany her or where I could wait.

Just go with the flow if it seems reasonable…best wishes.

Boosted (moderna)...shot laid me out for a day with a bad headache and nausea, but glad to have the extra protection going into winter.

Boosted (moderna)...shot laid me out for a day with a bad headache and nausea, but glad to have the extra protection going into winter.

Was it any different than the first 2 for you?

All of mine were nearly identical symptoms (moderna), just time shifted based on what time of day I got the shot.

Was it any different than the first 2 for you?

All of mine were nearly identical symptoms (moderna), just time shifted based on what time of day I got the shot.

I don't remember the nausea with my first two shots, but the headache and general achiness were about the same.

I was boosted Monday. I've had no ill effects from any of the 3 shots so far.

This is non-political unless someone tries to make it such.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ost-effective-way-to-tackle-covid-study-finds

Mask-wearing is the single most effective public health measure at tackling Covid, reducing incidence by 53%, the first global study of its kind shows.

Vaccines are safe and effective and saving lives around the world. But most do not confer 100% protection, most countries have not vaccinated everyone, and it is not yet known if jabs will prevent future transmission of emerging coronavirus variants.

people need to understand that vaccines are not 100% effective. there is nothing in nature that is 100% anything...

life-uh.gif

Of course vaccines in general are more effective if everyone gets them.

got boosted (Pfizer) on Wed. woke up tired and achy on Thursday, so went back to sleep for a few hours then felt well enough to work from home the rest of the day, which was exactly as shot #2 went. but as the day wore on started feeling worse and had a bit of a fever (99.5) and got tired again. went to bed early and woke up this morning feeling fine, back in the office today.

I said fuck it and got a Pfizer booster last week on a whim. Arm was very sore just a few hours later (like comparable to the first time I got the shot, only it was just as sore sooner). Next day, very little pain and gone by the end of the day. No symptoms besides a sore arm.

Got my moderna booster last Friday. Woke up with a mild headache & sore arm. Felt like a small hangover. Was good by noon or so. Arm was sore until Monday or Tuesday but all good now.

accidentally posted the below in the credit card thread -- I've convinced myself I have SIRVA

nurse jabbed me on a way that made my muscle spasm weird and now my muscle is killing me (not covid vax, flu and HPV)

never had this happen before and I got allergy shots weekly for years, lots of jabs

she went high on the arm

really weird sensation

got Pfizer in the other arm after two modernas

low expectations for my day tomorrow

accidentally posted the below in the credit card thread -- I've convinced myself I have SIRVA

nurse jabbed me on a way that made my muscle spasm weird and now my muscle is killing me (not covid vax, flu and HPV)

never had this happen before and I got allergy shots weekly for years, lots of jabs

she went high on the arm

really weird sensation

That happened to me this year with the flu shot. Similar situation as you, never happened before, nurse went high on the arm. My arm wasn't really bothering me afterwards, though. No lasting effects either.

yeah, it's already subsiding

my brother just got a 50 grand payout from vaccine court

We took my son to get tested yesterday and all got tested as well. He has been sick since Saturday.

Negative across the board. One of my neighbors is a pharmacist and brings home what would otherwise be tossed. She had some Moderna last night but it held off because I didn’t want to get it pending the test result.

Back