• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

969 deaths in Italy in the past 24 hours. The country will most likely pass 10,000 deaths within a day.

Rumor is that Cooper is going to announce 30-day statewide Stay At Home Order at 4:00. Will see. Though I'm sure everyone will be essential anyway.

Just yesterday:

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro told CNN earlier Thursday the media should "not sensationalize this crisis" when asked about shortages in personal protective equipment.

"So please, as you report this crisis, please keep in mind the extent that that is done makes our job here harder," Navarro told CNN's Brianna Keilar. "And it makes the health care professional job harder."

So after reading the actual order from Cooper, it’s basically worthless. Any business can qualify for an exemption, so long as “social distancing requirements” are met. This is a “we’re taking this seriously!” order, purely for optics, as opposed to anything meaningful.

Just learned that my brother in law’s girlfriend probably has it (no tests) and her dad is confirmed positive. He is almost definitely going to get sick since he and the girl friend live together. Dude is kind of an ocd germophobe ...Geez this is going suck.

So after reading the actual order from Cooper, it’s basically worthless. Any business can qualify for an exemption, so long as “social distancing requirements” are met. This is a “we’re taking this seriously!” order, purely for optics, as opposed to anything meaningful.

The market will handle it.

jesus christ

The staff at the urgent care facility told the teen to try the emergency room at Antelope Valley (AV) Hospital, a public hospital in the area, according to the mayor.

“En route to AV Hospital, he went into cardiac arrest, when he got to AV hospital they were able to revive him and keep him alive for about six hours,” Parris said. “But by the time he got there, it was too late.”

I’m hoping this recently approved 5 minute test kit/procedure from Abbot will be a game changer.
If we are effectively able to test people quickly in mass and isolate those who have the virus; game changer.

Would have been a bigger game changer three weeks ago.

I still can't quite get my mind around how the US turns the tide on this thing in any way other than social distancing followed by a slow, orchestrated release of people back into society. It feels far too late for any other methodology to reliably work.

Plus, even if we could test literally everyone next week (and then again 5 days later) I have no idea how we then turn that into enough personal accountability to make a real difference. We Americans are just too damn stupid and selfish to get something like this right.

I'm reading that college and NFL football is at risk. Need to advertise that to get better compliance for social distancing.

I still can't quite get my mind around how the US turns the tide on this thing in any way other than social distancing followed by a slow, orchestrated release of people back into society. It feels far too late for any other methodology to reliably work.

Plus, even if we could test literally everyone next week (and then again 5 days later) I have no idea how we then turn that into enough personal accountability to make a real difference. We Americans are just too damn stupid and selfish to get something like this right.

the really frustrating thing is that it was so obvious from the beginning that the faster and harder you shut down, the shorter the pain would be

has anybody seen when Abbot started developing this new five-minute test? I get the sense that it wasn't back in January, but can't find anything in any articles

I have “friends” who are posting pictures from the beach, from a crowded boat at the lake, etc.. I just want to smack them.

Hospitals nurses in NY are getting orders not to try and revive emergency room patients that are in cardiac arrest. Don't have a heart attack during this pandemic....

masks in public

Back