• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

So after reading the actual order from Cooper, it’s basically worthless. Any business can qualify for an exemption, so long as “social distancing requirements” are met. This is a “we’re taking this seriously!” order, purely for optics, as opposed to anything meaningful.

I hear you. That said, I at least appreciate any communication from our leadership that this is serious, which is in stark contrast to what we initially got from our federal government/President. We need everyone to take this seriously.

We Americans are just too damn stupid and selfish to get something like this right.

My neighbors, not dumb people, not MAGA, confirmed today they are doing nothing different with their kids as far as the Stay at Home Order because “they don’t know anyone who has it.” They clearly think my wife and I are paranoid assholes for not doing the same.

So the 2 families have decided to act like 1 big family for the duration of this, which is what it is, but what particularly sucks for me is their sets of kids run wild all over the neighborhood, cuddling under a shared blanket in the front yard, riding a single bike together in the street, knocking on my door asking my kids to ask me to set up the Slip N Slide, etc. So now my kids are confused and upset because “our rules” are different.

It’s so fucking lazy and selfish and thoughtless and ignorant. And, again, these are people I generally get along with terrifically. Does make me feel like we are completely doomed.

My neighbors, not dumb people, not MAGA, confirmed today they are doing nothing different with their kids as far as the Stay at Home Order because “they don’t know anyone who has it.” They clearly think my wife and I are paranoid assholes for not doing the same.

So the 2 families have decided to act like 1 big family for the duration of this, which is what it is, but what particularly sucks for me is their sets of kids run wild all over the neighborhood, cuddling under a shared blanket in the front yard, riding a single bike together in the street, knocking on my door asking my kids to ask me to set up the Slip N Slide, etc. So now my kids are confused and upset because “our rules” are different.

It’s so fucking lazy and selfish and thoughtless and ignorant. And, again, these are people I generally get along with terrifically. Does make me feel like we are completely doomed.

There is something in human nature that keeps us from doing or not doing one simple thing
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11281804/police-break-up-coronavirus-party/

Garden of Eden: "You can eat anything, but just not from that one tree." Walks over to tree, takes bite.
Beauty and the Beast: "Yes, come out of the cold rain, homeless girl. I will give you food and shelter. Just don't go into the West Wing." Immediately goes to West Wing. Gets yelled/growled at, now he's the asshole.

I saw a Youtube video where Kids Meet a Holocaust Survivor. He was not in a concentration camp, but his family lived on the run. They stayed in another family's barn loft for 18 months laying head to toe without ever moving for fear of being discovered. 18 months! And we can't stay in our comfortable homes with TV, movies, video games, plenty of food for more than a week. The bad thing is the dummies now won't win a Darwin Award but kill someone else.

We have very close friends, one who is a nurse. She now has 2 COVID-19 patients and it really sucks not seeing them for the time being. But that’s the kind of thing we have to do these days.

It might help people like SayHey’s neighbors if we had some (non-political) leadership encouraging the appropriate steps.

Just seems like there’s this general feeling of “that rule shouldn’t apply to me. I’m special.”

A good chance to teach you kids that people can be lazy and selfish and thoughtless and ignorant and why it’s important not to be.

My neighbors are all behaving well, but they're mostly elderly.

A good chance to teach you kids that people can be lazy and selfish and thoughtless and ignorant and why it’s important not to be.

Went to the store today and there were people fucking everywhere not distancing at all, including a group of like 7 cyclist just hanging out talking. Gross, cyclists deserve a special place in hell.

We’re fucked.

Went to the store today and there were people fucking everywhere not distancing at all, including a group of like 7 cyclist just hanging out talking. Gross, cyclists deserve a special place in hell.

We’re fucked.

I convinced my cycling group to stop doing group rides 2 weeks ago, so sorry you decided to stereotype and entire group.

Saw a group of families with a bunch of kids playing at a park today.

I convinced my cycling group to stop doing group rides 2 weeks ago, so sorry you decided to stereotype and entire group.

If you had to convince them, you kind of made his point.

If you had to convince them, you kind of made his point.

Some people are just uninformed and not aware of the ramifications. This was before any stay at home orders.

Hobbes was right about the nature of man 400 years ago.

holy shit brews did you see this tweet

WUwJZyg.png

Back