• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Yea as soon as vaccines are widely available for everyone I am going to stop wearing a mask. If you don't want a vaccine then its on you when you get the vid, I am not going to put on a mask to protect an anti-vaxxer. Probably be better for everyone if they died out anyways. really getting them sick is a bonus.

The vaccines will only be approved for age 16 and up, so it’s going to be a long time before everyone is vaccinated.

Will a vaccinated person be able to pass on the virus? Kinda depends on if the vaccine is completely neutralizing, you never get sick vs you don't get severe illness. First scenario then yeah you would only be able to pass on the virus if it somehow was able to replicate to a high enough titer in say your nose and sneezed out or along those lines. The second scenario means most certainly you could be a carrier of the virus and spread it to others. The safest thing is wear a mask after you are vaccinated until the population is at a point where everyone that wanted a vaccine was vaccinated.

On the people wont get vaccinated, there are already crazy anti-vaccine articles making the rounds, one of the craziest being it makes woman infertile because it targets the same protein that is responsible for placenta binding or some other crazy shit backed up by fraudulent doctor quotes and science sounding words like protein homology.

Yep, I understand this. Maybe I didn't ask the right question. I try again: What's the chance vaccinated people will still spread the disease in significant numbers? Or, are there vaccines, historically, that just keep you from getting sick but still allow you to transmit the virus? I guess I've never heard of this concept, so a part of me is wondering whether this is an over-abundance of caution. Remember, I'm no immunologist so I really only know that vaccines save the day. Yay vaccines.

Also, totally fine, I'll wear the mask. I mean it's just a mask and not a big deal. Presumably lots of studies are going on to tell us the answer to this for those who are receiving the Pfizer vaccine now and presumably the Moderna vaccine shortly, right? Or is this not that easy to study?

The reasonable assumption is that when enough folks are immunized, the spread will be significant curbed enough for us to function much more close to normal.

And that we’re not going to entirely get rid of this virus. That it’ll indefinitely still cause folks to get sick and die. Just not in the numbers we’re experiencing sans herd immunity.

So yes, transmissibility among immunized folks should be lessened but probably not eliminated... I think. I suspect there may be a good bit of individual variation in this.

It’s crazy that we live in a country in which the commissioner of its most famous sport has to confirm publicly that its players and staff are not going to “jump the line“ in getting the vaccine. That shouldn’t even be debatable or need to be said, and yet it was.

I'll get the vax, but I don't plan to ever stop wearing a mask. This has been the best year of my life.

i might keep wearing the mask in places like the airport or museums or grocery stores at peak hours

This just in. Playing basketball in a mask is very difficult.

This just in. Playing basketball in a mask is very difficult.

Have you tried wearing the Under Armour mask? Everyone who uses it while working out absolutely raves about it. Personally I can't justify paying $30 for a mask, but I don't have to wear one when I work out.

Have you tried wearing the Under Armour mask? Everyone who uses it while working out absolutely raves about it. Personally I can't justify paying $30 for a mask, but I don't have to wear one when I work out.

I have a couple of kids that use it. They seem to be dying at about the same rate as everyone else unfortunately.

I tried to wear a Buff when I was cycling earlier this year. I made it 4mi before I had to pull it off. I can't imagine doing cardio work with a legit mask.

Soccer requires them, but in soccer, you have some downtime. In basketball, you're moving almost non-stop.

I lose my wind walking up a few flights of stairs in a mask

masks suck so much -- can't wait to be done with this

People pay $30 for a single spin class. I would totally pay $30 for a mask that didn't restrict breathing at all or make my face hot.

Back