• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Carolina ONLY state in the nation to cut off WIC because of shutdown

That organization exists b/c of donations of time and money, as your own data shows the supermajority of which comes from private sources (of which I'm happy to include myself in both). Do they receive a small portion of their operating budget from public money sources, sure, but they do a heck of a lot better with it than most.

Those money donations are supplemented by the federal government through charitable tax deductions.

jhmd, show me an organization doing the work of WIC without any federal government support.

You guys missed the boat. McCrory wanted to keep WIC cut off for a long period of time. He was building an orphanage for the kids. His brother was building a private jail for the parents for when they committed crimes to feed and house their kids. This was simply pure family capitalism.

Are you guys commies?

and yet this thread is about a discrete event occurring in October 2013.

Sure, which the current idiots are at fault for. However, this is not surprising and is one of many incidents in long line of DHHS idiocy. And one assclown has been involved for the past 13 years.

Why settle for a baseline that runs three generations (and counting)? Why not do much, much better, by shaping policies in a way that help build people that can break the cycle? Show me the policies you are in favor of that do that, and we'll talk. As it is, the insincere and unfulfillable promise of a "baseline" seems like a crappy plan.

Remember that the majority of those receiving assistance are working Americans. Wages have been stagnant for 40 years for 90% of Americans.

I do wonder what Wos was planning to do with the USDA money.

Clearly those wages are stagnant because 90% of Americans aren't working harder.

You need to recognize who has been along for the ride, and in many cases steering the ship of idiocy with respect to investigations and enforcement, for the past 13 years.

Most of the longer term employees of DHHS (at least hte ones with authority) left when Secretary Wos came in. So she and McCrory's cronies are the only ones responsible for this bullshit

The history of DHHS' idiocy (as mentioned by 923) didn't begin in 2012. Try again.

and yet this thread is about a discrete event occurring in October 2013.

Sure, which the current idiots are at fault for. However, this is not surprising and is one of many incidents in long line of DHHS idiocy. And one assclown has been involved for the past 13 years.

you're blaming all of this on Roy Cooper?

2&2:Roy Cooper :: bkf:George Bush

#blamecooper

I love when personal butthurt makes its way to the boards. The blinders are fantastic (bkf to the Tacy wrong-doers, Reff to the Greer wrong-doers, the Catered Affairs brigade, 2&2 to Roy Cooper... anyone else?)

Consider me shocked---SHOCKED!---that government's insincere promise to provide for wants and needs wasn't fulfilled. If only we could have seen this coming....

This is awesome in so many ways. You are one of the best on this board.

2&2:Roy Cooper :: bkf:George Bush

#blamecooper

Hopefully I never take #cooper'sfault to bkf's level. However, in this particular instance, his taint infects DHHS directly, as he has overseen the investigations and enforcements over the past 13 years, which has a direct impact on the direction that the agency takes.

I'm not going around in this circle with you. I disputed something you said, you changed the question.

I already outlined the policies I support that I believe would help people break the cycle of poverty. Coincidentally, there is one party that supports most of those policies, and one that doesn't.

I absolutely understand. Much easier to tackle smaller, digestible non-problems like the names of football teams.

I absolutely understand. Much easier to tackle smaller, digestible non-problems like the names of football teams.

You asked me to name the policies I supported that would help break the cycle of poverty. I did that. You seem to be ignoring that post and are under the impression that the Redskins name change is the absolute only thing I care about.

You asked me to name the policies I supported that would help break the cycle of poverty. I did that. You seem to be ignoring that post and are under the impression that the Redskins name change is the absolute only thing I care about.

No, at this point I am simply busting your chops.

No, at this point I am simply busting your chops.

I absolutely understand. Much easier to abandon your argument once things turn to details instead of large sweeping proclamations and just start joking around.

Classic jhmd. Once he has lost an argument, he just starts busting chops.

I'm trying to figure out who wins more arguments in their own head, Ph or Ron Wellman. I guess having a job on a college campus where you can't get fired went straight to both of your heads. Congrats!

LOL, okay. I'm pretty sure you left the argument when you said...

Nope. That was me just acknowledging your attempt to ignore my legitimate response to you and instead change the question you were asking. Goalposts were moved. I tried to move them back. You decided to leave the field instead.

Back