• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

North Carolina ONLY state in the nation to cut off WIC because of shutdown

Nope. That was me just acknowledging your attempt to ignore my legitimate response to you and instead change the question you were asking. Goalposts were moved. I tried to move them back. You decided to leave the field instead.

Oh please. I'm telling you to recognize that your well-intended policies have created a just-above the poverty line subsistence existence that pulls as many people down as it does lift them up. Recognizing that would undercut your worldview, so you don't (and then pretend it's a different argument; it isn't at all). We should just leave it at that and you and Ph can throw each other victory parades.

Oh please. I'm telling you to recognize that your well-intended policies have created a just-above the poverty line subsistence existence that pulls as many people down as it does lift them up. Recognizing that would undercut your worldview, so you don't (and then pretend it's a different argument; it isn't at all). We should just leave it at that and you and Ph can throw each other victory parades.

Except... you haven't proven that at all. There is no causation. And you also made the argument that people at or below the poverty line in 2013 ar as bad or worse off than people at or below the poverty line in the 1930's and 1940's. Which is just... wow.

So, you stick with the broad, sweeping proclamations, refusing to provide facts or details to back them up. THAT is when you leave the argument and claim that everybody else is just blind to the obvious

I'm trying to figure out who wins more arguments in their own head, Ph or Ron Wellman. I guess having a job on a college campus where you can't get fired went straight to both of your heads. Congrats!

See? Busting chops.

sometimes i read some posters and just have a hard time believing they are being serious.

Last edited:
Back