• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame, 3:30pm NBC/Peacock

It’s just getting harder for us to compete.
It is.

But to be clear, we can’t really blame this shitty season on NIL and unlimited transfers. We didn’t have major attrition coming into this year. Hartman left after 5 years at WF; he had graduated, he moved on. All by ourselves, we failed to recruit a replacement for him after his fifth season, and we failed to maintain a serviceable offensive line.

Tulane has a really good coach, Fritz knows what he’s doing.
Yep. And he probably won’t be there long. We’re always worried about it, but we are actually able to keep coaches at Wake which is really difficult at the G5 level.

And their coach isn’t bitchin about NIL every time a microphone is in front of his face.
Exactly. We always were a place with 3 star guys. Nothing has changed. In fact, now we have a better chance to get a good player with some money.

Part of me feels like Sam is going to be a Grad Assistant on our sidelines next season.

Well in fairness I’m sure it’s real big pain in Clawson’s ass.
Ya, but comparatively Coastal Carolina kept their QB even after a coaching change and Tulane kept theirs as well. Just because you are a lower tier team doesn’t mean you can’t keep your guys around. I would be very surprised if Coastal Carolina has a bigger NIL fund than Wake.

Haynes King was there for the taking this offseason but we stood pat instead, I don’t think we make that mistake again.

Ya, but comparatively Coastal Carolina kept their QB even after a coaching change and Tulane kept theirs as well. Just because you are a lower tier team doesn’t mean you can’t keep your guys around. I would be very surprised if Coastal Carolina has a bigger NIL fund than Wake.

Haynes King was there for the taking this offseason but we stood pat instead, I don’t think we make that mistake again.
Yep. GT definitely doesn’t have more football NIL than us.

Clawson learned a lesson the very hard way.

Pretty sure the coastal Carolina guy had a ton of academic issues. He was definitely looking to transfer

Back