• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame, 3:30pm NBC/Peacock

So Kern was a better than average QB for the worst P5 offense this week?
not really? Slightly better than average QBR but literally the worst PFF grade — that has to average out to below average.

For the season, Mitch (he’s not good to be clear) somehow still has a better QB rating than either Kern or Santino. Which shows the limitations of certain stats, but also…the backups aren’t good either.

UVA found a gem in Anthony Collandrea. Crazy that he's a true frosh.

Collandrea's only other Power V offer was KY, and they offered early, but lost interest in him. His only visit other than UVA was MTSU. Appears Collandrea's final 3 were UVA, USF and MTSU.

UVA found a gem in Anthony Collandrea. Crazy that he's a true frosh.

Collandrea's only other Power V offer was KY, and they offered early, but lost interest in him. His only visit other than UVA was MTSU. Appears Collandrea's final 3 were UVA, USF and MTSU.
And yet we have to dumb down our playbook for guys who have been in the system for multiple years.

not really? Slightly better than average QBR but literally the worst PFF grade — that has to average out to below average.

For the season, Mitch (he’s not good to be clear) somehow still has a better QB rating than either Kern or Santino. Which shows the limitations of certain stats, but also…the backups aren’t good either.

I thought the PFF Offense Grade was the PFF grade for the entire offense.

Can’t remember if it was on Les’ board but I read that Clawson planned to do just that but Kern got hurt. I don’t think he believed Marucci had enough talent to compete.
Again, this would be amazing making such an assessment of Marucci after he lead us to a comeback win in the final seconds in our only ACC victory.

I heard Clawson say and emphasize that going forward, the QB position will be wide open until the start of next season. There will be no assumed #1 QB until then.

I immediately thought of Edwards and that he would have been here and would have been our starter this season, if this had been Clawson's attitude a year ago. Edwards stated he left because he was told at best he was 3rd on the list after the spring, even though he had the best stats at the end of the spring

And yet we have to dumb down our playbook for guys who have been in the system for multiple years.
And when we absolutely had to simply allow Marucci to just play, he lead us to 2:touchdowns near the end of the game. How this didn't "Skinner-like" impress the coaches, I couldn't understand.

Again, this would be amazing making such an assessment of Marucci after he lead us to a comeback win in the final seconds in our only ACC victory.

I heard Clawson say and emphasize that going forward, the QB position will be wide open until the start of next season. There will be no assumed #1 QB until then.

I immediately thought of Edwards and that he would have been here and would have been our starter this season, if this had been Clawson's attitude a year ago. Edwards stated he left because he was told at best he was 3rd on the list after the spring, even though he had the best stats at the end of the spring

At the presser, Clawson finally came clean on losing his QB to Notre Dame. He was pissed. He indicted the whole system, agreed with ELKO on the chaos in college football and said it was hard to stomach Senior Day at Notre Dame. So at least the spin we were given in the off season is over. We basically got how fucked we were by the new reality and Notre Dame stole our QB. He also rightfully didn’t blame Hartman. A step in the right direction to the fanbase.

I bet Clawson regrets saying it. It's not a good look and even though it was not intended to be a slight on Sam, he was collateral damage. I don't think Clawson or anyone else thought things would end up this way. I truly believe they thought it was time to move on from Sam, that maybe we could be even better with fresh blood, and that Sam going to a high profile program and performing well would reflect well on WFU. And of course Sam is going to be enamored with playing for Notre Dame. He is a rock star up there. He made the comment that it was great to play in front of 80,000 fans and where the students stayed for the whole game. Wake is just not even in ND's orbit, although we are a lot closer than we used to be. Hopefully, this will stoke the fire in Clawson's belly to make this year an aberration.

I bet Clawson regrets saying it. It's not a good look and even though it was not intended to be a slight on Sam, he was collateral damage. I don't think Clawson or anyone else thought things would end up this way. I truly believe they thought it was time to move on from Sam, that maybe we could be even better with fresh blood, and that Sam going to a high profile program and performing well would reflect well on WFU. And of course Sam is going to be enamored with playing for Notre Dame. He is a rock star up there. He made the comment that it was great to play in front of 80,000 fans and where the students stayed for the whole game. Wake is just not even in ND's orbit, although we are a lot closer than we used to be. Hopefully, this will stoke the fire in Clawson's belly to make this year an aberration.
Listened to the radio show and Clawson said he owns what he said. He might have wished he’d said it differently, but it wasn’t untrue. Also went out of his way not to blame Sam and made sure to let it be known he loves him. As usual though, one minute out of 30 minute presser gets the focus.

Back