• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame, 3:30pm NBC/Peacock

No not always.... But didn't he get injured and lose the starting job? That was more about playing time than NIL
i don’t see anyway Leary wouldn’t have started at State, they went and got freaking Armstrong, that’s how little confidence they must’ve had in Morris.

i don’t see anyway Leary wouldn’t have started at State, they went and got freaking Armstrong, that’s how little confidence they must’ve had in Morris.
Yeah that's true. I mean it may be too he was just ready for a change of scenery.... With the COVID year and redshirting, some of these guys can be at a place five or six years....I know I wanted a change of scenery after four.

And I kinda think Sam would have left regardless of NIL

Reactions: GaK
No not always.... But didn't he get injured and lose the starting job? That was more about playing time than NIL
No chance. Leary was a top 5 QB within the league. Depending on who you ask he would have been a top 3 returning QB with Hartman leaving, van dyke having an awful year

My impression as well. Clawson is working to retool his approach and put in the work to improve under the recently changed rules.

I suspect the recruiting algorithm he has been using is no longer producing the results it has in the past and needs tweaking.

Clawson is also vocally lobbying hard for the need to change some things that he perceives to be making recruiting and player retention not on a level playing field.
It was the facilities race, now most of the P5’s have good facilities, the race now will be who can spend the most NIL money and the same big programs that got the most out of the facilities race will get the most out of the NIL race. There needs to be limits, but the big boys will fight it tooth and nail.

Clawson's semi-indirect references to NIL and "assembling teams" are not complaining. It's informing the 99% of Wake fans who don't read this board or follow sports as closely as we do that the game has changed and we need to step up or get left behind.

I think it's great he's telling it like it is. I wish they'd put the RTQ 800 number at the bottom of the screen.

You simply can't say Clawson needs to evolve (true) and then spin his evolving as complaining.
Totally agree with this, and I keep telling myself that no, I don't hear a note of defeatism in the comments. I know Dave has it in him to build us back up and hope he still feels up to it. It can't be easy to work as hard as he does and watch programs like ND come in and just pluck your QB.

Anyone have a ballpark amount that Clawson is working with? We all see the crazy numbers of certain schools that Wake can't compete with, but curious if we are in a similar boat as our rivals like State and Duke. Even though Duke brought in some dudes from big programs, we have to be able to compete with them......right??

Also, has anyone sent Don Flow the article about all the Utah guys getting free trucks throughout their 4 years?

Anyone have a ballpark amount that Clawson is working with? We all see the crazy numbers of certain schools that Wake can't compete with, but curious if we are in a similar boat as our rivals like State and Duke. Even though Duke brought in some dudes from big programs, we have to be able to compete with them......right??

Also, has anyone sent Don Flow the article about all the Utah guys getting free trucks throughout their 4 years?
Roll the Quad account alert. How much does Clawson have to work with?

Having watched Clawson's post-game presser, this team is done. He's done and ready to move on to next season.

Maybe something to consider if we could find a way to afford it would be to pull up the plastic and bring back the grass.

It would aid in recruiting since all players want to play on grass.

Or maybe I'm just howling at the moon.

Maybe something to consider if we could find a way to afford it would be to pull up the plastic and bring back the grass.

Would love to have grass back in Groves!

Is this true that “most” players want grass?

Clawson should have pulled Griffis 3-4 games ago. We should at least be bowl eligible and Kern and/or Marucci would have had more game experience.

Can’t remember if it was on Les’ board but I read that Clawson planned to do just that but Kern got hurt. I don’t think he believed Marucci had enough talent to compete.

Can’t remember if it was on Les’ board but I read that Clawson planned to do just that but Kern got hurt. I don’t think he believed Marucci had enough talent to compete.
Kern got hurt in the VT game. Griffis should’ve been pulled well before that game. Things would’ve played out differently.

Back