• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame, 3:30pm NBC/Peacock

Is this true that “most” players want grass?
Contemporarily speaking, I honestly don't know. It's been a long time since I actually knew players (who played away games on both.)

They pretty much (reluctant to say unanimously) preferred grass.

Though many advances have been made in turf, I still think that most players would prefer grass and dirt.

Contemporarily speaking, I honestly don't know. It's been a long time since I actually knew players (who played away games on both.)

They pretty much (reluctant to say unanimously) preferred grass.

Though many advances have been made in turf, I still think that most players would prefer grass and dirt.

Our grass field was the source of much ridicule back in the day. I recall fsu especially complaining about it. I seriously doubt players lean away from a school based on field turf. The new stuff is very common and much better than the days of Astro turf.

Our grass field was the source of much ridicule back in the day. I recall fsu especially complaining about it. I seriously doubt players lean away from a school based on field turf. The new stuff is very common and much better than the days of Astro turf.
Yeah apparently our old grass field had the magic ability to reach up, grab and injure FSU players.

If FSU didn’t like it…we should bring it back immediately

Roll the Quad account alert. How much does Clawson have to work with?
Roll The Quad was given a number to it earlier this year by its BOD. Thanks in large part to large donor support (which is NOT sustainable every year), we will hit that figure.

There is a group that has said they'd be willing to do more should a special circumstance at a special postion arise.

Roll The Quad was given a number to it earlier this year by its BOD. Thanks in large part to large donor support (which is NOT sustainable every year), we will hit that figure.

There is a group that has said they'd be willing to do more should a special circumstance at a special postion arise.
Thank you for that info and thankful for our larger donors.

Glad to see they’re willing to offer up big money for a worthy QB in the portal. It’s critical for Wake that we make a move.

Are you able to share how much of our total war chest for all Wake sports is going to the transfer portal for football this off-season (not a dollar amount but a percentage)? Additionally, how does decision making work with the coaching staff as to who to provide NIL cash to? Genuinely curious about this whole process

Are you able to share how much of our total war chest for all Wake sports is going to the transfer portal for football this off-season (not a dollar amount but a percentage)? Additionally, how does decision making work with the coaching staff as to who to provide NIL cash to? Genuinely curious about this whole process
For your first question, will know more in the coming weeks. Do not know at this point.

Who Roll The Quad offers NIL deals to (and how much/when/etc) are all deterimined by the BOD.

Column: NIL was supposed to fix college sports, instead it’s become a pay-for-play free-for-all

There are reports some NIL contracts control a players’ marketing rights through his collegiate career, limiting the ability to transfer, or contain clauses that siphon off a percentage of future earnings in pro leagues.

The sticker shock of college football recruiting beyond 2022

“This is the hierarchy,” said attorney Mike Caspino, who has represented dozens of recruits in their dealings with collectives and executed the contracts The Athletic reviewed. “Five-star quarterbacks: They’re getting $2 million a year. The next-most sought after players are D-linemen, edge rushers; they’re getting seven figures. The next is a stud offensive lineman with quick feet — they’re in the high six figures. Everyone else is a hodgepodge, but in the six-figure range.”

Last edited:
Even if we win next week, I don’t want a bowl game. I don’t want a pity invite. The sooner this season ends, the better.
I’ve always been of the opinion that more football is better. Why would you want the season to end!?!? Now I get the other perspective.

I’ve always been of the opinion that more football is better. Why would you want the season to end!?!? Now I get the other perspective.

In his post-game presser, Clawson's body language made it appear he just wants this one to be over and move on. He knows they screwed up and ready for a reboot.

Back