• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame, 3:30pm NBC/Peacock

And their coach isn’t bitchin about NIL every time a microphone is in front of his face.
Their coach isnt in the ACC with top $$$
They don’t play against competition who maximizes NIL. I also don’t consider clawson’s NIL take as bitching.

I want to vomit. Never forget that Cam thinks Sam is awful. Like. Don’t ever ever forget that

Their coach isnt in the ACC with top $$$
They don’t play against competition who maximizes NIL. I also don’t consider clawson’s NIL take as bitching.
We lost to Gtevh, Vtech and Duke. Which one of them is maximizing NIL money?

Tulane, JMU and Liberty are all ranked and none of their coaches are talking about being poached. You play against your competition and we are the worst in our conference this year.

Everyone is playing with the same set of rules, adapt or die.

We lost to Gtevh, Vtech and Duke. Which one of them is maximizing NIL money?

Tulane, JMU and Liberty are all ranked and none of their coaches are talking about being poached. You play against your competition and we are the worst in our conference this year.

Everyone is playing with the same set of rules, adapt or die.
Same rules, very different bank accounts though. If you don’t see how this makes things harder for Wake, then I just don’t know what to say. Also, if you don’t think those schools won’t have guys getting poached that won’t effect them detrimentally, again don’t know what to say.

Same rules, very different bank accounts though. If you don’t see how this makes things harder for Wake, then I just don’t know what to say. Also, if you don’t think those schools won’t have guys getting poached that won’t effect them detrimentally, again don’t know what to say.
Are you saying JMU and Tulane have more money than Wake? Because I’m saying they still find ways to win in their conference even with guys getting poached.

Everyone is losing players these days and yet Wake lost two contributors to the portal and somehow became the worst team in the conference.

Are you saying JMU and Tulane have more money than Wake? Because I’m saying they still find ways to win in their conference even with guys getting poached.

Everyone is losing players these days and yet Wake lost two contributors to the portal and somehow became the worst team in the conference.
The effects of their success this year won’t be seen until next year on who they lose. JMU is in their 2nd year of FBS, not sure they had many guys schools were trying to poach before this year.

The effects of their success this year won’t be seen until next year on who they lose. JMU is in their 2nd year of FBS, not sure they had many guys schools were trying to poach before this year.
Cool, they went 8-3 last year and improved this season while still recruiting against FCS programs, Tulane went to the Cotton bowl and beat USC and their heisman trophy winner. I’m pretty sure they had guys other teams would want.

Look, we are missing the point of the convo. Wake needs to continue to use the portal to bring guys in and use the NIL to minimize losing our guys to the portal. We need to use the portal the same way we recruit, find under recruited guys who will thrive in our system. We failed at that this year. It’s possible for lower tier teams to keep their guys and improve. Wake isn’t the only team who lost their starting QB to the portal last year so we can’t act like we are at a disadvantage compared to everyone else.

Cool, they went 8-3 last year and improved this season while still recruiting against FCS programs, Tulane went to the Cotton bowl and beat USC and their heisman trophy winner. I’m pretty sure they had guys other teams would want.

Look, we are missing the point of the convo. Wake needs to continue to use the portal to bring guys in and use the NIL to minimize losing our guys to the portal. We need to use the portal the same way we recruit, find under recruited guys who will thrive in our system. We failed at that this year. It’s possible for lower tier teams to keep their guys and improve. Wake isn’t the only team who lost their starting QB to the portal last year so we can’t act like we are at a disadvantage compared to everyone else.
Yeah, that’s exactly what we have to do, but we are also at a disadvantage. We always have been in football and at times have overcome, it will be the same going forward, question is how frequently will be able to overcome it to have good seasons?

Honestly as bad as this season has been, if we beat Cuse and finish 5-7 with a couple of ACC wins, I hope this was rock bottom, because that rock bottom is better than what our rock bottom used to be.

I also think we need to revamp the offense and be very creative. I guess the slow mesh was creative for awhile, but it’s old and worn out and we haven’t really been able to use it much this year anyway. We’ve got smart kids, needs lots of different sets, plays, shotgun, under center stuff, smoke and mirrors stuff.

I don’t think we are at that much of a disadvantage though. We will have more money and resources than the G5 schools and even if we do lose guys to the big programs, we should be able to replace and reload with guys who want to play in the ACC.

The biggest advantage we have is that we are a fan base that is totally content going 6-6, 7-5, which means we don’t need to turnover our staff too often (complacency much). We build our out of conference schedule so all we really need to do is win 2 or 3 conference games a season

I don’t think we are at that much of a disadvantage though. We will have more money and resources than the G5 schools and even if we do lose guys to the big programs, we should be able to replace and reload with guys who want to play in the ACC.

The biggest advantage we have is that we are a fan base that is totally content going 6-6, 7-5, which means we don’t need to turnover our staff too often (complacency much). We build our out of conference schedule so all we really need to do is win 2 or 3 conference games a season
We are against the bigger programs like we always have, that is a proven fact.

Beat cuse take the air bowl to try out young guys. How does the schedule look like next year

Back