• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame Game Officially 8 PM on ABC

Notre Dame @ UNC in '08 was an ABC 3:30 reverse mirror game (i.e. on ESPN where it wasn't on ABC). That's probably the worst-case scenario in terms of national TV. ND was off to a slow start this year and Purdue is terrible and yet that was an 8:00 ESPN game

Notre Dame @ UNC in '08 was an ABC 3:30 reverse mirror game (i.e. on ESPN where it wasn't on ABC). That's probably the worst-case scenario in terms of national TV. ND was off to a slow start this year and Purdue is terrible and yet that was an 8:00 ESPN game

That ND/Purdue game was set for an 8pm kick-off on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 prior to the start of the season. Their respective slow starts had no bearing on the TV coverage. In fact, as a Big Ten home game on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, it was guaranteed to have national TV coverage.

Unless I missed it, nowhere in that article does it state that CBS is limited to one 8:00 game per season. I'm not saying that it's not true, it's just not in the article you linked.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2008/08/20080818/This-Weeks-News/CBS-To-Pay-SEC-Average-Of-$55-Million-Annually.aspx

Excerpt:

The inventory of games on CBS remains relatively unchanged. The SEC will get one football game per season on prime time and probably two doubleheaders per season. CBS receives first pick of the SEC “Game of the Week” each week.

They are not bringing their band as of the last update.

Any chance we can get them to change their mind? I'd love to have two bands and one that can help play through all the garbage commercials and games and tshirt tosses we have during TV timeouts.

I told people today one of my goals in life is to make enough money to buy out all the KK, Bojangles, Chick-Fil-A, every car dealer in the Triad commercials at Wake games. I would give them one more dollar than all of them to never do an in-game ad again. I feel like I'm at a minor league baseball game during TV timeouts.

Any chance we can get them to change their mind? I'd love to have two bands and one that can help play through all the garbage commercials and games and tshirt tosses we have during TV timeouts.

I told people today one of my goals in life is to make enough money to buy out all the KK, Bojangles, Chick-Fil-A, every car dealer in the Triad commercials at Wake games. I would give them one more dollar than all of them to never do an in-game ad again. I feel like I'm at a minor league baseball game during TV timeouts.

Unlikely. Travel budgets and schedules are set at the beginning of the year and are very difficult to change.

We will be sending SOTOGAB to the game in South Bend.

Guessing they're probably taking theirs to FedEx the next weekend for a "neutral" game on NBC and then 2 weeks later to the Farm. That would be excessive, even for them I guess.

So one of you schedule guru's looked into this and done the weekend rundown? I hear people thinking 3:30 as worst case. I'm really really hoping for 7. Night game would make it the best tailgate in my brief (8 year) Wake history.

Is the game close enough for one of those people to do a game time projections/probability breakdown? Did the people that did that come over to these boards?

Probably not close enough yet. Might be able to foster a better guess after Notre Dame's (and our, for that matter) game this weekend

Guesses on ND game time?

Any ideas? They play Navy at 3:30 next week.

3:30 ABC is my guess. As far as I know, there is no network that broadcasts ACC games at 6 p.m. except ESPN3, and I really doubt that this falls to them. 7 on the Deuce or maybe a nooner on ESPN or ESPN2 would be other possibilities I would think

3:30 ABC is my guess. As far as I know, there is no network that broadcasts ACC games at 6 p.m. except ESPN3, and I really doubt that this falls to them. 7 on the Deuce or maybe a nooner on ESPN or ESPN2 would be other possibilities I would think

I see an 8:00 game on ESPN or ABC. Pitt-ND was on 8:00 earlier and we are better than Pitt. I don't see this being put on a 6 day hold either.

ND laid an egg against USC and took themselves out of any serious BCS contention (although the ND cheerleaders in the media will keep claiming ND should be considered even with 3 or 4 losses, but no one will buy that).

So this game is highly unlikely for an exclusive prime time national slot, more likely a 3:30 slot, split between ABC and ESPN.

Back