• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Now her story has changed. Alleged sexual assault thread.

Once again, the pics are really offensive and not funny in this situation at all.

seriously. this is a serious situation and alumni/students/friends of wfu as a general whole do not think its a laughing matter. if the trashballs over on nc state's board want to make light of it fine, but don't bring that crap here.

Honestly, it's hard to imagine being on either side of this equation

1) Raping someone. I mean, seriously you can get as much as you want consensually.
2) Having to come out that you were raped publicly, especially if you didn't get support from your university after having something so personal taken from you.
3) Falsely accusing someone of rape.

I can't even begin to put myself in any of those situations, so I feel a bit like a fish out of water intelligently discussing.

I know it shouldn't matter who was involved, but if it was GC why would Wake go through the trouble of a crazy cover-up?

seriously. this is a serious situation and alumni/students/friends of wfu as a general whole do not think its a laughing matter. if the trashballs over on nc state's board want to make light of it fine, but don't bring that crap here.

And if you really want, just link to the pictures on imgur or something. The people who want to laugh can see them, but I definitely don't.

Last edited:
Rape is the only crime where the victim seems to be questioned. It's embarrassing.

I don't think there are too many questions asked to those that go to the police and get a rape kit done.

When you wait 2 years and then announce the rape on national tv, its going to raise eyebrows.

Sorry that that offends you.

My goal was always to be one of the boosters giving $100 handshakes. If this forces major changes I may never realize my dream.

Maybe just pay for a hooker to jerk everyone off so they don't get into any trouble.

Although I guess the recovery period at that age is only about 20 minutes.

Ahhhhh, to be young again.

For the person who felt the need to curse me out over bringing up rape shield laws, that certainly is not my area of expertise and I realize that some have been ruled unconst. for being overbroad. However, I was really just trying out of an abundance of caution to protect the site from getting dragged into those kinds of allegations. I was not providing legal opinion. I'm sorry if that upset anyone.

Sorry, I didn't state what I meant properly. I was trying to simply state that they're subject to more scrutiny and their errors will be magnified if found. They should exercise their discretion in making decisions, especially on a school trip, where their activities will not only negatively affect them but also their school.

If they want to fraternize with girls, they have that right (unless they were under instructions not to by the coaches/admin). But by doing that, they knowingly did place themselves in a situation where possible problems could ensue, especially if alcohol or other substances were involved.

Thanks for the clarification.

But to believe that, you have to believe the school would charge and/or kick out non-athletes with the same evidence. Do you think that's the case? I don't. And this situation does not just occur with athletes. Didn't someone post that 25% of woman of college age claim to be assaulted? That's not all the product of athletes and not many kids get kicked out of school.

I think Wake probably evaluated the situation like every other one they encounter. We know one of the guys left immediately and he would not be subject to discipline, and the one that stayed was not a high-profile athlete that needed to be protected.

Unfortunately this organization appears to be spinning this situation as a school wanting to protect it's precious athletes.

again, I think I agree with you - I'm assuming the J-board/university went through proper procedures and based on the evidence at hand, the verdict/official university response was what was merited. I'm just surprised the he wasn't subject to some sort of team discipline if for no other reason than being a knucklehead and making the coach have to deal with the whole situation (especially if the incident happened the night before the game instead of after - I've seen both).

I really doubt the university/AD/team didn't take the situation seriously or tried to ignore/sweep the implications under the rug - however, I'm bothered by the possibility, however slight, that that is what happened. I don't think it's the most likely scenario, but it is on the table.

My comments were not an indication of what I think actually happened (b/c I have absolutely no clue), but the reason I have an unsettling feeling about the situation.

I'm not entirely sure what people expect Wake Forest to do about given that reality. Wake can hold a judicial hearing (which it did). If there is no concrete evidence, I don't see how you can punish a player. At that point you have to leave it to the accuser to handle it with law enforcement. Regarding a "cover up," what else did people expect Wake Forest to do? Announce a press conference to say that it investigated the accusation? That would violate privacy laws.

exactly

My question is what will Wake do to get our perspective out after Thursday? Once the Today Show piece airs, we're automatically at a disadvantage if it turns out that the allegations don't hold water and we did deal with this properly. Do we try and use local media or get equal air time on TTS to comment?

If we (Wake) were in the wrong, then let the chips fall. Not sure you can defend this if it goes south. But if it turns out to be sketchy, Hatch better get the PR machine spinning. We're already behind the power curve.

My 2 cents: we should have come out with everything we know before the story to soften the blow. Take the wind out of the story before it airs. Give the Today Show information to use on our behalf.

***not trying to go after the victim if, again, the worst case scenario plays out. However, if we didn't act in the wrong, we deserve to defend ourselves. It would be the players that committed the act, and if the University dealt with it appropriately, then that needs to get out. Unfortunately, based on what information is out there, that doesn't seem to be the case...

Wake doesn't want to see anything that would sully its name.

while this is certainly the case, my experience with administrators is that they are very pragmatic. it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to cover-up a felony crime if you goal is to minimize the hit to the school. if that is the case, you take immediate and harsh action against those students. anyone with forethought would realize covering it up provides negatives that greatly outweigh the positives...in that when it actually comes to light you are up shit creek without a paddle and look absolutely terrible. as has been discussed a lot, instances of athletes sexually assaulting other student's isn't particularly uncommon so it wouldn't paint Wake in a super bad light. covering it up, however, does. just my opinion and admittedly it is partially biased due to my feelings that the higher ups at Wake couldn't possibly be depraved enough to try to cover this up if there was any form of evidence that it occurred other than testimony.

Rape is the only crime where the victim seems to be questioned. It's embarrassing.

It's also apparently the only crime where defending oneself against accusations is used against the accused.

From my goat brother:

"This wouldn't happen at Carolina. The basketball 'groupies' line up at their doors. The players are the ones assaulted."

So it is just like The Wire episode with Randy on the lookout outside the bathroom.

Back