• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nuggets fans noticed same thing about Buzz...

No worries, that post wasn't directed towards you at all. Just a general notion that nothing is ever [Redacted]'s fault. Never.

Our mediocre/subpar year = [Redacted]'s fault.

Rodney White and Skita's lack of development = not [Redacted]'s fault.

FWIW, a poster on that thread thought that Skita for Jimmy Jackson was a) possible b) smart. So, there's a lesson in considering your source...

I really don't understand some of you guys. Researching what Nuggets fans said about him 7 years ago? So much time is poured into finding new ways of bashing him that I wonder what y'all are going to do when the man is finally gone from here. I don't give a damn what Nuggets fans thought of him or how he did. I couldn't care less what his record was at Air Force or whether he lied to them. It doesn't matter that he achieved mediocrity at Colorado or what their papers wrote about him. The only thing of importance is that he has helped turn a once proud basketball school into a "well bless their hearts" program. So much energy has been sucked out of us that having 7,000 people is a good crowd and diehard fans are not watching or attending, and if they do attend, they leave as soon as we get down by 15 because everyone knows that there is no way in hell that we claw back. Every scrap of hope that is attributed to him is squarely on the shoulders of 6 freshmen who have yet to even don a Wake practice jersey.

TLDR: We currently have no hope under him; nothing else matters.

"Coach [Redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him.
- Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets

I remember when he was hired that quote was repeatedly posted- as if Melo and Bz were tight. And now the truth comes out. Fucking jaybone. :D (just messing with you le bone)

Wooden, Auerbach, and Phil Jackson combined couldn't develop White and Skita.

I realize that you're trying to be funny, but the above statement lacks anything resembling substance.

There's a reason that White, a former lotto pick, is toiling in obscurity in South Korea.

There's also a reason that it took Skita almost 10 years to figure out whether or not he wanted to play basketball in the first place.

[Redacted] isn't the reason, by the way.

I realize that you're trying to be funny, but the above statement lacks anything resembling substance.

There's a reason that White, a former lotto pick, is toiling in obscurity in South Korea.

There's also a reason that it took Skita almost 10 years to figure out whether or not he wanted to play basketball in the first place.

[Redacted] isn't the reason, by the way.

How can you be sure? I think Buzzy has demonstrated a real skill for demotivating and derailing talented players. If Buzz had coached Michael Jordan, South Korea is probably where he would have ended up...

BuzzOUT - till he's gone.

I really don't understand some of you guys. Researching what Nuggets fans said about him 7 years ago? So much time is poured into finding new ways of bashing him that I wonder what y'all are going to do when the man is finally gone from here. I don't give a damn what Nuggets fans thought of him or how he did. I couldn't care less what his record was at Air Force or whether he lied to them. It doesn't matter that he achieved mediocrity at Colorado or what their papers wrote about him. The only thing of importance is that he has helped turn a once proud basketball school into a "well bless their hearts" program. So much energy has been sucked out of us that having 7,000 people is a good crowd and diehard fans are not watching or attending, and if they do attend, they leave as soon as we get down by 15 because everyone knows that there is no way in hell that we claw back. Every scrap of hope that is attributed to him is squarely on the shoulders of 6 freshmen who have yet to even don a Wake practice jersey.

TLDR: We currently have no hope under him; nothing else matters.

Don't get all rational.

How can you be sure? I think Buzzy has demonstrated a real skill for demotivating and derailing talented players. If Buzz had coached Michael Jordan, South Korea is probably where he would have ended up...

BuzzOUT - till he's gone.

Be Bzz'out. That's fine. I am, too. Just quit being stupid.

Ari and Melvin derailed themselves.

If you recall, Tony didn't seem to have any issue with Bz, JT seemed to buy-in before his substance issues created real problems that led to his dismissal, and Ty is still around.

If Rodney White gave half of the s**t that MJ did about ball, then he'd probably be playing in the All Star this weekend rather than in a fourth tier Asian league. White's one of the worst examples of wasted talent that I've seen.

For the record, JT wasn't "dismissed" -- he left voluntarily because of his "issues." Those issues seem to be worked out perfectly now, tho. Miraculous.

The rest of your post holds merit tho.

Further proof Bobby Lutz is better than Bzz in every way

lol no one has wasted away more four/five star talent away than Gottfried.

he's also a piece of shit also.

Good luck with that.

[Redacted] is done after next year, but I can see State being stuck with Sendek Jr. for a while. Hell..Sendek was at State FOR 10 YEARS. He was there as long as Valvano.

"He was aight...I got to play lot, averaged career highs under Buzzz but goddam that motherfucker had some horrendous ties. We used to try and take him shopping but Bz always said his ties made his motherfucking grandma happy so what could we do?"

- Kenyon Martin

Is this a legitimate quote? Too funny. . .

Was not aware there was a cure for that issue. Please enlighten.

Let me try. He got a dui being dumb. He left wake and bzz. He made a statement "i need to take time and get well." (paraphrased) then a moment later be was not checking in to rehab he was enrolling in usc.

Was not aware there was a cure for that issue. Please enlighten.

CrazyOldMan.jpg

There is no cure for alcoholism, panty waste. Please enlighten on his cure?

Oh, I wasn't posting about JT. I was presenting a visual image of the Bill George posting style over here. Very different than your cultivated "I know things!" DS insider style.

Yeah, I don't know anything. I do know that I enjoy reading through the mental cartwheels you and your like go through here. Keep knocking at it, Nancy.

High comedy.

I really don't understand some of you guys. Researching what Nuggets fans said about him 7 years ago? So much time is poured into finding new ways of bashing him that I wonder what y'all are going to do when the man is finally gone from here. I don't give a damn what Nuggets fans thought of him or how he did. I couldn't care less what his record was at Air Force or whether he lied to them. It doesn't matter that he achieved mediocrity at Colorado or what their papers wrote about him. The only thing of importance is that he has helped turn a once proud basketball school into a "well bless their hearts" program.
IMO this thread is more about Wellman's ability to choose a coach than Bzz, and that will certainly have an impact on our ability to turn us back into a proud basketball school.

Yeah, I don't know anything. I do know that I enjoy reading through the mental cartwheels you and your like go through here. Keep knocking at it, Nancy.

High comedy.

Nancy! That's a girl's name! High comedy!

Glad you're enjoying yourself over here, even if your posts usually come when you've hit the bottle too hard. A user friendly experience was part of our goal. Must get tiresome talking to the same three people otherwise. And you see them every day at the Rotary Club lunch anyhow.

Back