• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nuggets fans noticed same thing about Buzz...

what is that "bit of behavior?" one dui?

what is that "bit of behavior?" one dui?

And JT, a college student, got caught drunk in public a week or two before over the summer.

THE HORROR. So unusual for college kids to be drinking. For shame!

There seems to be a bit of behavior that would refute that. Anyway, time will tell........chump.

He didn't even go into rehab. He was a college kid that got drunk and made a couple poor decisions close to each other in time. He used that as an excuse to peace out.

He is now on his was to LA to play for USC. He isn't an alcoholic. Get your head out of your ass.

I heard the more tattoos you have, the more likely you are to have a drinking problem. Dino should have known that when recruiting him

Total results: Out of the 5 money maker sport hires, 4 made sense at the time and the fan base was, at the very least, satiated during the announcement.
That's one view. Wellman turned on Prosser when he harped on the culture issue and the recruits under Dino, many of whom were Prosser's guys . Dino just continued the same thing. So is that make him a good or bad hire? According to Wellman's viewpoint...he'd probably score them.

Caldwell - B because he's an NFL coach
Grobe - A+ obvious
Prosser - C culture issues
Dino - E..ditto
Bz - A+...basketball Grobe.

We'd probably score them

Caldwell - C
Grobe - A+
Prosser - A
Dino - C
Bz - E---

The issue I have with Wellman is the apparent disconnect in comparing the last 3.

And if Wellman should never have even considered Bzz....because of the obvious things like in the OP.....then what does that say? I think he was making a huge reach when hiring Bzz to recreate his success with Grobe. Is that going to continue? It really cost us dearly and like someone said....if that happened in my job....fired. That's what the OP really says to me.

How anyone can grade Caldwell above an F is beyond me. He is/was the worst damn coach anyone has ever had.

That's one view. Wellman turned on Prosser when he harped on the culture issue and the recruits under Dino, many of whom were Prosser's guys . Dino just continued the same thing. So is that make him a good or bad hire? According to Wellman's viewpoint...he'd probably score them.

Caldwell - B because he's an NFL coach
Grobe - A+ obvious
Prosser - C culture issues
Dino - E..ditto
Bz - A+...basketball Grobe.

We'd probably score them

Caldwell - C
Grobe - A+
Prosser - A
Dino - C
Bz - E---

The issue I have with Wellman is the apparent disconnect in comparing the last 3.

And if Wellman should never have even considered Bzz....because of the obvious things like in the OP.....then what does that say? I think he was making a huge reach when hiring Bzz to recreate his success with Grobe. Is that going to continue? It really cost us dearly and like someone said....if that happened in my job....fired. That's what the OP really says to me.

I see where you're coming from but would have to point out that Ron was happy with Skip. I think that whole culture issue was more on Dino in regards to the fact that Skip had a tighter rein on or could control them to an acceptable point. I know that Ron held Caldwell in high regard as a person the entire time but was well aware that the time had come for a new coach. I think that he would consider Grobe and Prosser to be worth of an A. If nothing else, it's been well stated that Dino and Ron didn't get along on a personal level whereas all the others have apparently been easy to work with. I agree it was a reach and we came up well short in regards to Buzz being like Grobe. Hopefully, Ron has learned from that hiring mistake (we, the fanbase, can accept being low-balled in a football search, but not in a basketball search) and fixes it after next year (unfortunately, I highly doubt he'll fire Buzz this year).

Except, of course, you'd have to be naive to actually believe the culture stuff. What about the culture in our basketball program changed between September 2009 and April 2010?

How anyone can grade Caldwell above an F is beyond me. He is/was the worst damn coach anyone has ever had.

I'll see your Caldwell with a Chuck Mills and raise you one Billy Hildebrand. And that's just within our own ranks.

Except, of course, you'd have to be naive to actually believe the culture stuff. What about the culture in our basketball program changed between September 2009 and April 2010?

Some of it has come to light in news bits and rumors from people in the know but I think for the most part, it's a red herring.

Some of it has come to light in news bits and rumors from people in the know but I think for the most part, it's a red herring.

I agree.

I think it's probably fair to say that Dino wasn't as good of a mentor type as Skip, but I think that's really as far as you can take it.

I'll see your Caldwell with a Chuck Mills and raise you one Billy Hildebrand. And that's just within our own ranks.

In 40 games (4 seasons) at WFU, Hildebrand won 7 games. In 44 games (four seasons), Caldwell won 9.

Not that much of a difference.

Let's look at the big picture. When Caldwell was hired, it seemed like a good move due to his background in the Penn State system. He was given a good amount of time to try to set a system in place. He did a good job with the passing game but was abhorrent with the run. Ultimately, was here too long.

I got the oddest rep on this post:

here ya go fatty; let me satiate you with some old fashioned sandusky justice,. bend over, touch your toes tubby and enjoy
:wtf:
Don't care if people disagree/rep it but at least make it applicable or make sense... baring that, at least make it funny.

In 40 games (4 seasons) at WFU, Hildebrand won 7 games. In 44 games (four seasons), Caldwell won 9.

Not that much of a difference.

That would be the point. He's not the worst we've had.

On paper at least.

Difficult to say. For most of the coaches, we've only got their records to judge them by so that's the only thing close to a fair assessment. Was MacDonnell in a lot of close games with a 1-6-1 record or were they all blowouts? How about Harper going 2-9? Even the oldest of posters would only be able to tell us about Peaheads last years

Back