• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nuggets fans noticed same thing about Buzz...

Difficult to say. For most of the coaches, we've only got their records to judge them by so that's the only thing close to a fair assessment. Was MacDonnell in a lot of close games with a 1-6-1 record or were they all blowouts? How about Harper going 2-9? Even the oldest of posters would only be able to tell us about Peaheads last years

Record alone is hardly how you would go about evaluating a hire. It might be how many on this board would evaluate it but there is much more to it.

Caldwell gets some slack for coaching during the FSU dominance era. That's an extra loss previous coaches don't have. I don't think it's worth discussing if he was the worst or second worst coach. He wasn't a good coach.

Record alone is hardly how you would go about evaluating a hire. It might be how many on this board would evaluate it but there is much more to it.

Agreed. Record alone doesn't tell the story of just how bad the Bzzperiment has been.

"Coach [Redacted] was my first coach in the NBA. We learned a lot with each other. That first year, we made it to the playoffs after only winning 17 games the year before. He did a good job here and I enjoyed playing for him.
- Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets

^ The most lukewarm endorsement ever. It was just a step above, "Coach [Redacted] was a coach in the NBA when I played in the NBA."

Please explain how this is the most lukewarm endorsement ever?

Jesus, the amount of stupidity people spew on this board made me double check to make sure this wasn't a State board or something.

You can't make this claim unless you, like RJ, knows all (or even JT).

JT is not at USC presently. He is in Washington State at Peninsula Community College, serving a year of probation that includes a 60 day jail sentence and alcohol rehab and visits with a PO. Averaging 26 points per game and will enter USC this summer post completion of his probation and jail sentence.

Best of luck to him.

Last edited:
JT is not at USC presently. He in Washington State at Peninsula Community College, serving a year of probation that includes a 60 day jail sentence and alcohol rehab and visits with a PO. Averaging 26 points per game and will enter USC this summer post completion of his probation and jail sentence.

Best of luck to him.

What'd the dude get 60 days for, I thought he was just found stopped asleep at the wheel with some alcohol?

What'd the dude get 60 days for, I thought he was just found stopped asleep at the wheel with some alcohol?

Link

J.T. Terrell, a 6-foot-3 guard, was arrested in early September on charges of driving while impaired and driving after consuming alcohol while being under the age of 21.

Terrell, 19, a native of Burlington, pleaded guilty Wednesday in Forsyth District Court to misdemeanor driving while impaired, said Assistant District Attorney Aaron Berlin.

As part of a plea arrangement, the other charge of driving while consuming alcohol while being under the age of 21 was dismissed, Berlin said.

Judge Lawrence Fine gave Terrell a suspended sentence of 60 days in jail. Terrell was placed on unsupervised probation for 12 months. The judge ordered Terrell to pay a $100 fine and $190 in court costs, Berlin said. Terrell was also ordered to complete 24 hours of community service, which he has already finished, according to court records.

The charges stemmed from an incident Sept. 3.

According to court documents, officers with the Winston-Salem Police Department found Terrell unconscious around 2 a.m. in the morning behind the wheel of his 2000 Lincoln while the engine was running. He was on New Walkertown Road near Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, Berlin said.

Berlin said Terrell told officers that he had been drinking earlier and could not remember how he got to New Walkertown Road.

Terrell took a breath test, and his blood alcohol level was measured at 0.09 percent. The legal limit in North Carolina for driving is 0.08 percent.

He probably wont serve it if he doesn't do anything wrong from now until the end of his probation.

Jesus, the amount of stupidity people spew on this board made me double check to make sure this wasn't a State board or something.

You must be a no sat kid.

It's not that hard to figure out when read next to more off the cuff quotes from Anthony to the press as opposed to this "made for coaching resume" quote.

Agreed. Record alone doesn't tell the story of just how bad the Bzzperiment has been.

I completely agree with that point. All I was saying is that we don't know how a lot of the previous coaches fared in efficiency, point spread, effort, and so forth. He was the worst coach during my lifetime but I don't know if that makes him the worst coach ever. That was all I was getting at

Point spread is only useful to gamblers. It's of no consequence when you are totally out-manned.

Back