• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NYC raising age for cigs to 21

Don't you go all gun advocate on me. Reasonable standards don't need to invoke unreasonable ones by comparison, as if lines can't be drawn by sensible people.

raising the legal age to buy smokes in NYC doesn't do diddly squat to save anyone any money in any way. It is not reasonable at all, it just creates a false sense of "doing something." It get extrapolated into lowering health care costs, so I invoke equally ridiculous comparisons to underscore the point. Public smoking bans I understand, but prohibition is a proven loser.

But you are okay with behaviors like this http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-524888.html Got it.

wow just saw this post.

yep...u got any questions? my position is consistent, and i don't judge others. I have studied this a lot (in school and in life) and thought on it a lot with the goal of minimizing societal harm.

blue light is a harm reduction site. sites like that, as well as needle exchanges and ending prohibition, coupled with education about the dangers of those activities are the way forward and if you're young enough you'll live to see some of these reforms come to fruition. there are already models for these things in places like holland and portugal.

so did you have something you wanted to debate with me about? or were you just trying to be clever and thought you caught me in a contradiction? your post seems as though it was meant to be inflammatory.

Last edited:
Back