• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama shakes Raul Castro's hand- Right lost their minds and their hearing

It is...it is your fault that you care more (or are at least more inclined to post) about this bullshit than about what really matters.

your two posts on this thread are single-handedly dragging America down

no, I'm trying to raise you out of the gutter. however, if you are looking at it from the gutter, I understand your perspective. Good Luck and Have a Merry Xmas/hanakkua/kwanza/ramada/hailsatan day, etc.

no, I'm trying to raise you out of the gutter. however, if you are looking at it from the gutter, I understand your perspective. Good Luck and Have a Merry Xmas/hanakkua/kwanza/ramada/hailsatan day, etc.

What is Ramada? Is there a holiday built around a mid-price hotel change? #obamasamerica

Why would you expect "better?" Where do you get this expectation, and what is better exactly?

Better meaning something a bit more presidential. Obama has always been aloof and a bit insular--a product, I suspect, of his upbringing and academic background. As potus, he has some of the best handlers in the world. I expect their advice to rub off.

----------
Tapatalk.

Hulka have we not discussed those other topics as well, ad nauseum? I can tell you right now over 20 posters' POV on those issues, from my burned-out memory.

Better meaning something a bit more presidential. Obama has always been aloof and a bit insular--a product, I suspect, of his upbringing and academic background. As potus, he has some of the best handlers in the world. I expect their advice to rub off.

----------
Tapatalk.

Posing for pictures and smiling with other world leaders is now unpresidential? Was he supposed to stand there in a remorseful state for the entire funeral? I don't understand..

Also ELC, you typed out a 224 word post on your fucking phone. That screams anything but "I'm pretty meh about the whole thing"

I can talk into my phone. How long did it take for you to count my words to make your brilliant point?

I am meh about it, but I'm not meh about being ridiculed.

----------
Tapatalk.

Posing for pictures and smiling with other world leaders is now unpresidential? Was he supposed to stand there in a remorseful state for the entire funeral? I don't understand..

yes and refuse handshakes and really just plan better for the whole occasion what's so hard to understand about this and why aren't you angry about it but also why aren't you talking a lot about a lot of other more important problems gosh wakeandbake

On the handshake: I hope he wiped it off immediately.

On the picture-taking and the joviality: try to imagine the reaction if Bush had done it.

The partisan hacks on the left would be freaking out, and those on the right and in the middle would think it's not a big deal?

We have an innate ability to make anything, even the memorial service for Nelson Mandela, about ourselves and our politics.

Hulka have we not discussed those other topics as well, ad nauseum? I can tell you right now over 20 posters' POV on those issues, from my burned-out memory.

Your summary would make an epic post.

----------
Tapatalk.

I know. It's not like he gave a surprise backrub to the chancellor of Germany or something...

The one most at fault is the PM of Denmark or whoever that chick was that whipped out her phone. As somebody else put it earlier in this thread-- it was the act of a teenage girl. I understand the inclination to comply with her wishes, particularly since she's bangable, but yeah, I would like to think somebody would be capable of reminding her it isn't really the time or place.

And as I will say for the final time, this is very, very low on the list of things this President has done to irk me. This thread was started by RJ, who mocked the RW blowback preemptively before anybody had even chimed in. My first post on here mentions that one of the dudes in the pics looks like FDR (something that apparently only I noticed or thought). My second post was to support DeacMan's assertion that it was more probable than not that it either could have been avoided (most certainly) or was setup in advance (certainly possible http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...es-out-to-obama-but-don-t-call-it-a-thaw.html ). DeacMan doesn't even offer an opinion on the rightness or wrongness of shaking Castro's hand. He just opines that it was calculated. Of course, RJ then went on to say DeacMan's post was total crap.

My subsequent Clinton joke subsequently became a Defend Obama At All Costs moment for PhDeac. In the meantime, people are freaking out over Ted Cruz's reaction because it's the popular thing to do, even though Ted Cruz is Cuban and has reason to be offended. BBD makes a typically unfunny remark, labeling me a hack in the process. And even if I am a hack by his standards and the standards of others, I had chimed in very little to that point about my thoughts. So upon being called a hack, I reiterate my agreement with DeacMan's post while simultaneously saying that I don't really give many shits about whether it's true or not and that I was more offended by the selfie moment than the handshake. This, apparently, means that I must think the selfie is a big deal even though I never said that it was. And of course, me attempting to explain this and defend myself suddenly translates into me making the selfie into a really big deal.

This thread is a perfect microcosm of what this board has become. Take a very "meh" position (that's for you, BBD), have it interpreted as not meh, have Ph make some weird statement that he thinks is over your head and lets you know he thinks is over your head, have half-serious allegations of racism hurled your way, get called an idiot, then enjoy RJ's hyperbole.

This thread is a perfect microcosm of what this board has become. Take a very "meh" position (that's for you, BBD), have it interpreted as not meh, have Ph make some weird statement that he thinks is over your head and lets you know he thinks is over your head, have half-serious allegations of racism hurled your way, get called an idiot, then enjoy RJ's hyperbole.

+1

4 paragraphs is definitely not "meh."

The one most at fault is the PM of Denmark or whoever that chick was that whipped out her phone. As somebody else put it earlier in this thread-- it was the act of a teenage girl. I understand the inclination to comply with her wishes, particularly since she's bangable, but yeah, I would like to think somebody would be capable of reminding her it isn't really the time or place.

And as I will say for the final time, this is very, very low on the list of things this President has done to irk me. This thread was started by RJ, who mocked the RW blowback preemptively before anybody had even chimed in. My first post on here mentions that one of the dudes in the pics looks like FDR (something that apparently only I noticed or thought). My second post was to support DeacMan's assertion that it was more probable than not that it either could have been avoided (most certainly) or was setup in advance (certainly possible http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...es-out-to-obama-but-don-t-call-it-a-thaw.html ). DeacMan doesn't even offer an opinion on the rightness or wrongness of shaking Castro's hand. He just opines that it was calculated. Of course, RJ then went on to say DeacMan's post was total crap.

My subsequent Clinton joke subsequently became a Defend Obama At All Costs moment for PhDeac. In the meantime, people are freaking out over Ted Cruz's reaction because it's the popular thing to do, even though Ted Cruz is Cuban and has reason to be offended. BBD makes a typically unfunny remark, labeling me a hack in the process. And even if I am a hack by his standards and the standards of others, I had chimed in very little to that point about my thoughts. So upon being called a hack, I reiterate my agreement with DeacMan's post while simultaneously saying that I don't really give many shits about whether it's true or not and that I was more offended by the selfie moment than the handshake. This, apparently, means that I must think the selfie is a big deal even though I never said that it was. And of course, me attempting to explain this and defend myself suddenly translates into me making the selfie into a really big deal.

Show me my hyperbole on this thread.

Well other than calling lunatics what they are for making anything of what happened in South Africa.

Back