• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obvious Improvement is Obvious: Our Team's In-Conference Stats

-Obviously improved:
Tyler Cavanaugh and Bill Moto

-More or less the same:
Travis McKie, Devin Thomas, and Codi Miller-McIntyre

-Not an ACC player:
Madison Jones, Aaron Rountree, and Andre Washington

-I actually think I'll be okay with a wait-and-see approach with Miles. Dude can't do much outside of shoot, but he's big enough and hopefully will get into better shape to the point where he could be serviceable on a team without shooters.

-Coron Williams is exactly who we thought he was, even if his efficiency was exposed in ACC play.

The question of whether the foundation is better remains to be seen. We're losing our leading scorer and only shooter and our incoming guys will not be able to pick up the slack. This year has proven that we should temper expectations on both Codi and Devin's development, as both of these guys made very little progress this season, and were extremely inconsistent, relatively to where they finished last season.

Pending transfers, our roster stands as follows:

PG: Codi, Shelton and Madison
SG: Miles and Rondale
SF: Bill, Greg, and Aaron
PF: Tyler
C: Devin, Daniel, and Andre

You be the judge on where that situates us in terms of a foundation.

I am of the mindset that this team has a lot more talent than we think it does.

CMM and Devin can still be All-ACC players. They just need a real coach.

I am of the mindset that this team has a lot more talent than we think it does.

CMM and Devin can still be All-ACC players. They just need a real coach.

I'm not disputing the bold and I actually agree with you. The problem is that our roster is really thin next year, even with Codi and Devin playing at All-ACC levels, and has some gigantic holes (SG, SF, and PF all come to mind). To say anything else means placing unreal expectations on Bill and Tyler (not to mention Codi and Devin) while over-hyping three guys coming back from serious knee injuries who haven't played competitive basketball in a very long time.

Back