• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

If I could get App at underdog value I’d consider it. Should be a close tight game. I see it pick ‘em (-110)

Louisiana runs the football as well as anybody averaging 314 rushing yards a game and 7.3 a carry. The Apps defense is not as strong as past editions as they have given up 41 to Charlotte, 31 to UNC and 37 to Coastal over their last 3, but their offense has been really good (averaging 47+ ppg). The game looks like a shootout.

Interesting how perspectives have changed in one season.

App played the Rajun Cajun's twice last year, including in the Sun Belt title game. App was favored by 25.5 for the regular season game, and 17 in the Conference title game. App won both games and Louisiana covered both. Even taking into account that Louisiana is playing at home this time, App going from -25.5 to -17 to +1 in less than a season is pretty remarkable. Louisiana is 5-0 ATS this year.

Louisiana runs the football as well as anybody averaging 314 rushing yards a game and 7.3 a carry. The Apps defense is not as strong as past editions as they have given up 41 to Charlotte, 31 to UNC and 37 to Coastal over their last 3, but their offense has been really good (averaging 47+ ppg). The game looks like a shootout.

Interesting how perspectives have changed in one season.

App played the Rajun Cajun's twice last year, including in the Sun Belt title game. App was favored by 25.5 for the regular season game, and 17 in the Conference title game. App won both games and Louisiana covered both. Even taking into account that Louisiana is playing at home this time, App going from -25.5 to -17 to +1 in less than a season is pretty remarkable. Louisiana is 5-0 ATS this year.

It's also very important to note who LaLa have played thus far. A majority of those rushing yards came against Texas Southern and Liberty. They have also played Georgia Southern and Ohio, both of which aren't good this year. Then lost at home to an average Miss State team.

They can definitely beat App, but I wouldn't be surprised to see App walk away with a 10-17 point win.

I like 38-31 or 34-31 App if I had to pick. That may even be a TD shy for both though. Overall just a great midweek game should have a solid atmosphere.

I got App at +3 on Monday and feel pretty good about it

I like App and the under, 7/8 so far this year on the 'Neers, hope it stays that way.

Whole lot of running in this one, clock should tick. 70 is a lot of points. App had 9 days to prepare the defense. Maybe something like 33-24 black and gold

Like Texas +10.5 this week - screams back door cover. Also like the over in Temple/Memphis.

I like App and the under, 7/8 so far this year on the 'Neers, hope it stays that way.

Whole lot of running in this one, clock should tick. 70 is a lot of points. App had 9 days to prepare the defense. Maybe something like 33-24 black and gold

Plus 1. And neither team plays at a particularly fast tempo. A little defense would help too.

The Texas and Florida lines are “too big” this week... Which, as you can probably figure out from my previous posts, causes me to lean to Oklahoma and LSU.

I do think the UF’s defense will do just fine against LSU. The secondary could force an INT or 2 (or 3). The entire UF defense is firing on all cylinders. Dan Mullen is a hell of a coach with a great record as a dog.

BUT... Death Valley on a Saturday night a week after UF just won a huge game over Auburn? That seems like a tall order.

Probably staying away from wagering... As a UF fan, I don’t need action on that one to enjoy the game.

Agree that the Miami line looks funky.

Enjoy the back and forth.

I need to do more work on that game.

I agree that cutting in LSU's favor is:

1) Florida coming off huge win
2) Florida with backup QB
3) Night game at home
4) Potent offense

I just think Florida remains underrated by most and that their defense is going to cause a lot of problems for the Tigers. I like LSU to win the game but 27-20 or so. Agreed a backdoor cover on either side is the biggest issue - don't think it's going to be a blowout.

Grabbed App ML at +105 at about 4:30...Doofus told me it popped to +110 later on, but I'm happy to have grabbed it as an underdog at all.

Under 70.5 looks amazing if you had it...good work SD3.

Rain and Wind forecast for Giants/Patriots tomorrow. Under and G-Men could be in play, tho total has dropped significantly and G-Men hard to support.

It's also very important to note who LaLa have played thus far. A majority of those rushing yards came against Texas Southern and Liberty. They have also played Georgia Southern and Ohio, both of which aren't good this year. Then lost at home to an average Miss State team.

They can definitely beat App, but I wouldn't be surprised to see App walk away with a 10-17 point win.

Ight imma cash out

Random game tonight but I think there is great value on Texas State outright at home at +130. Line is ULM -3.

ULM is playing on a short week (lost a shootout to Memphis on Saturday), and Texas State is coming off a bye. Almost never happens when teams play on Thursday. That is a big edge for Texas State.

ULM is playing on a short week (lost a shootout to Memphis on Saturday), and Texas State is coming off a bye. Almost never happens when teams play on Thursday. That is a big edge for Texas State.

The ACC actually prohibits this which is why the Wake UNC game got moved back a day.

I also keep thinking I’m missing something injury wise for Texas State. I saw the line opened early Sunday at ULM -1 and has moved since. It doesn’t make sense to me.

Some of the guys I follow are in on Texas State. I get it, but ULM can put up points - staying off it, but people smarter than me say its an easy bet.

Back