• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

Little stat -- primetime dogs of 10 or more are 53-22-1 ATS against the first half line since 2006 in the NFL. Kinda makes sense, dog gets amped up for the big-time spotlight and takes it more seriously than the fave, who can turn on the jets in the second half.

Often the team wins the first-half moneyline too -- a la the Colts on Sunday -- but that would be a bold prediction tonight

Some of the guys I follow are in on Texas State. I get it, but ULM can put up points - staying off it, but people smarter than me say its an easy bet.

Tough part in general is both teams appear to suck so either could just totally lay an egg. Even more reason to take the home team. You want a bad team to go on the road and win by 3 even against a shitty conference team? I mean they may but betting for value Texas State +3 or outright seems to be the play.

52 percent of the money on Texas State right now

Man that late ULM touchdown killed the push for Texas State +3. Honestly Texas State was lucky it was even that close.

Texas +10.5 OU Tom Herman good as a dog. Dog is usually good in this game.

Washington St. +1.5 Az. State. Good value. WSU is better team

Utah -14 Oregon St. This is going to be a blowout. Very different quality in these teams.

Michigan St. +10.5 Wisconsin Good value.

Army -4.5 W. Kentucky. Army good after loss. Army QB is back

Haven't done anything yet... Looking at:

Miami -2.5
Oklahoma -10.5
Mich St +10.5
Iowa +3.5

Considering LSU & Clemson, as well... But those are big numbers for me.

I think Oregon State is a little better than people think but I'm high on Utah still. Pac12 is such a crapshoot week in and week out.

I've been touting this all year but I still think Army sucks.

Offset the Texas State loss by snagging State -4.5 last night. Ahead going into tonight (forgot I had App ML). I've about talked myself into Miami -2.5 as a value bet but I'm still open to being persuaded not to take the plunge. Don't have a lot of games I like for tomorrow beyond what I mentioned earlier and most of those are weird games. Feeling increasingly worse about taking Florida as the week went on and likely to add two or three more games to the slate.

Yeah, I'm not doing anything on UVA/Miami tonight. I just don't feel strongly either way.

I noticed that the public is ALL OVER NAVY again this week. Made me laugh, given the discussion a couple of weeks ago on Navy as a public favorite. I have no angle on that game (at all), but 90%+ of the tickets on the Midshipmen!

The money is on Navy because they are playing Tulsa, which IIRC is the second smallest school in D-1, and Tulsa is off a massively dis-spiriting loss to SMU when Tulsa somehow blew a 30-9 4th quarter lead to SMU. Just a bad spot for Tulsa. Not betting Navy, but can see why the vast majority of tickets are on them.

As stated above, like UVA tonight. Also, the under has dropped from 44 to 42.5. Like the under.

Bold pick on OU. Tom Hermann's record as a dog is 13-3-1, and his record as a double digit dog (5-0) makes it hard to take any other side. Supposed to be cold and windy in the Midwest tomorrow, would make unders (like MSU/Wisky) seem like logical action.

Texas is a very public dog, probably because of that narrative. Nebraska also insanely public as well

MSU-Wisconsin O/U is 40? Damn that’s low. I like the over on Miami UVA but just comes down to what you expect to see from Miami’s offense against the UVA D. I could see a 30-24 or 27-24 game playing out with either team winning.

Colorado +22 tonight at Oregon seems like a ton of points

Colorado has a ton of injuries right now, and they are off a heart-breaking loss. OTOH, Oregon in a look-ahead spot as they play Washington next week (Oregon/Washington is big regional rivalry). FWIW, Oregon's defense has been ridiculous this year. Last 4 games, they have given up: 6, 3, 6 and 7.

Colorado has a ton of injuries right now, and they are off a heart-breaking loss. OTOH, Oregon in a look-ahead spot as they play Washington next week (Oregon/Washington is big regional rivalry). FWIW, Oregon's defense has been ridiculous this year. Last 4 games, they have given up: 6, 3, 6 and 7.

Wake benefitted from a lot of support from U Washington fans during the Seattle bowl. The Washington fans were rooting for "whoever is playing Oregon."

I love USMNT -3.5 vs Cuba tonight. Especially after seeing the lineups. This same Cuba team lost 6-0 in Canada last month

I love USMNT -3.5 vs Cuba tonight. Especially after seeing the lineups. This same Cuba team lost 6-0 in Canada last month

US should easily score 4, but 5 or 6 is much more likely. Cuba will struggle to find the back of the net and their ceiling is 1. If you can still get -3.5 or less throw money all over it

The money is on Navy because they are playing Tulsa, which IIRC is the second smallest school in D-1, and Tulsa is off a massively dis-spiriting loss to SMU when Tulsa somehow blew a 30-9 4th quarter lead to SMU. Just a bad spot for Tulsa. Not betting Navy, but can see why the vast majority of tickets are on them.

As stated above, like UVA tonight. Also, the under has dropped from 44 to 42.5. Like the under.

Bold pick on OU. Tom Hermann's record as a dog is 13-3-1, and his record as a double digit dog (5-0) makes it hard to take any other side. Supposed to be cold and windy in the Midwest tomorrow, would make unders (like MSU/Wisky) seem like logical action.

Nah, people are just on Navy because they are the NCAA version of the Patriots, Saints, or Chiefs. Joe Public can’t get enough Navy action.

I know all the stats/trends on Texas. Logic says it should be a close, high scoring game. I only break down the Xs and Os to a degree, though. If my initial read is that Texas is the play and everyone agrees with that, I’m going the other way.

Only reason I was looking at Miami is because I think UVA is the better team and should win that game. Miami struggled big time against them last year. But I just can’t pull the trigger on the Canes for some reason.

Back