• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '15-16 NBA Season Thread: THEY WON ONE FOR THE LAND

The Thunder have defined the term "choke artist" over the last 5 seasons. I still have a significant amount of confidence they will blow this series, whether the Spurs earn it or not.

I am not that angry about the Kawhi foul that wasn't called with 4 minutes left - it is the Steven Adams trip of Danny Green that was huge. It was an obvious intentional trip which is a flargrant 1 - a technical foul and the ball. Huge impact. Instead, Durant gets two foul shots on a missed shot. 3-5 point swing.

I am angry with the Spurs for not being able to hold a lead, getting outscored in the 4th by 7 points. PLus they led 88-82 with freaking 4 minutes remaining. They couldn't stop the Thunder for squat or get a key rebound and listening to all the postgame, that is exactly what Pop, Leonard, Ginobili and Parker all said. Parker misses the key FT that should have tied it in the final seconds. Aldridge goes 6-21 shooting. Thunder get 54 rebounds to the Spurs 36. That is what Pop was mad about in the postgame. When a team like the Spurs only commit 7 TO's to 20 they should win if they play as hard as the other team, but they didn't and they gave up the lead in the 4th--AGAIN and need to have a huge effort on the road to bring this back to SA. Quit focusing on 1 or 2 calls because that is never what does it. The Spurs just sucked in the 4th by not making stops, not rebounding and missing shots and a key FT.

I am angry with the Spurs for not being able to hold a lead, getting outscored in the 4th by 7 points. PLus they led 88-82 with freaking 4 minutes remaining. They couldn't stop the Thunder for squat or get a key rebound and listening to all the postgame, that is exactly what Pop, Leonard, Ginobili and Parker all said. Parker misses the key FT that should have tied it in the final seconds. Aldridge goes 6-21 shooting. Thunder get 54 rebounds to the Spurs 36. That is what Pop was mad about in the postgame. When a team like the Spurs only commit 7 TO's to 20 they should win if they play as hard as the other team, but they didn't and they gave up the lead in the 4th--AGAIN and need to have a huge effort on the road to bring this back to SA. Quit focusing on 1 or 2 calls because that is never what does it. The Spurs just sucked in the 4th by not making stops, not rebounding and missing shots and a key FT.

Normally I would agree. I don't harp on calls and didn't in Game 2 at all. But video is just overwhelming:

[video]https://vine.co/v/i272HKAuOQH[/video]

I have a tough time believing putting Boban on the floor with LMA for a few minutes wouldn't help wear down Adams, Ibaka, and Kanter a bit.

The Thunder have defined the term "choke artist" over the last 5 seasons. I still have a significant amount of confidence they will blow this series, whether the Spurs earn it or not.

They've lost to the eventual champion 4 of their 5 losing series with Durant/Bestbrook. And the year they didn't was when Russ was hurt. They haven't won a championship obvs but I don't know that they've really underachieved either. No shame in losing to Kobe/Pau, Dirk, Big 3 in Miami, and Pop and the Spurs on their way to rings.

If Danny Green just dives into Durant's knee (as Adams would have likely done if roles were reversed), then they have to review that play and they get the intentional trip. Since Danny tried to recover, they didn't review it.

LA missing two wide open ten footers down the stretch hurt the most I thought, because that's why you brought him to SA was to hit those shots in big games.

LA missing two wide open ten footers down the stretch hurt the most I thought, because that's why you brought him to SA was to hit those shots in big games.

Don't underestimate the fact, LA has not been in this situation before. He's got couple first round exits and a semi final ass kicking by the Spurs on his resume

Last edited:
so lucky! again!

Not there yet. I was counting my chickens a bit after Spurs Game 1 so recommend holding the horse. I am reminded of Larry Bird and the Celts going down to Atlanta in 85 winning Game 6 to get a home game 7 that had an epic 4th quarter. Spurs ain't done.

A lot of "not playing hard" / "not executing" / etc from the Spursdonks. It also should be pointed out that the Kanter/Adams/Ibaka front line is just flat out whooping whoever the Spurs have put on the floor for the last 3 games. Younger, bouncier legs and very physical and they are just destroying the Spurs bigs down on the block and especially on the glass. Short of putting Tim Duncan in the wayback machine, I don't know what the Spurs can do about that. Sometimes the younger, stronger bodies are just simply better. There just isn't anyone on the Spurs roster to play with LMA that can handle Adams/Kanter/Ibaka.

A lot of "not playing hard" / "not executing" / etc from the Spursdonks. It also should be pointed out that the Kanter/Adams/Ibaka front line is just flat out whooping whoever the Spurs have put on the floor for the last 3 games. Younger, bouncier legs and very physical and they are just destroying the Spurs bigs down on the block and especially on the glass. Short of putting Tim Duncan in the wayback machine, I don't know what the Spurs can do about that. Sometimes the younger, stronger bodies are just simply better. There just isn't anyone on the Spurs roster to play with LMA that can handle Adams/Kanter/Ibaka.

Fear the Boban!

Have you been watching? Ibaka hasn't done dick besides hit jumpers. Diaw can go at Kanter and Kanter doesn't have moves to get past Diaw if you bounce him out of the post. It's really been Adams as the difference maker. He was my biggest fear. He has learned what he can and cannot get away with for the most part. As chippy and "cheatie" as he is - I have no doubt he intentionally tripped Danny Green - I find myself really liking him on and off the court. As I have said, he's a throwback, Rick Mahorn style.

So, from my observation, the key is Duncan playing like he did in game 5 - and making the bunnies he missed so they are and ones - and Diaw. Diaw was a no show in Game 5 and he was really good in Game 4. Diaw can take both Kanter and Ibaka, as he has shown and can defend both too as both are not bulls. Kanter is getting boards on Adams clear outs (taking two defenders on a dance through the lane) and the help defense on Durant/Westbrook leaves the backdoor open. They need to pull the guy on Robertson down to the rim on the shot. The Game 4 alley oops to Robertson has kept that defender too honest. Leave him, guard the baseline on thee oop and run at Kanter on the shot.

Normally I would agree. I don't harp on calls and didn't in Game 2 at all. But video is just overwhelming:

[video]https://vine.co/v/i272HKAuOQH[/video]

Intentional or not, that is clearly a foul and has to be called.

Comparing Duncan's stats this year to last year is just sad. The wheels may have come off and sent him careening off a cliff. LMA takes too many damn one-on-one jump shots and isn't physical enough to replace Duncan.

Have you been watching? Ibaka hasn't done dick besides hit jumpers. Diaw can go at Kanter and Kanter doesn't have moves to get past Diaw if you bounce him out of the post. It's really been Adams as the difference maker. He was my biggest fear. He has learned what he can and cannot get away with for the most part. As chippy and "cheatie" as he is - I have no doubt he intentionally tripped Danny Green - I find myself really liking him on and off the court. As I have said, he's a throwback, Rick Mahorn style.

So, from my observation, the key is Duncan playing like he did in game 5 - and making the bunnies he missed so they are and ones - and Diaw. Diaw was a no show in Game 5 and he was really good in Game 4. Diaw can take both Kanter and Ibaka, as he has shown and can defend both too as both are not bulls. Kanter is getting boards on Adams clear outs (taking two defenders on a dance through the lane) and the help defense on Durant/Westbrook leaves the backdoor open. They need to pull the guy on Robertson down to the rim on the shot. The Game 4 alley oops to Robertson has kept that defender too honest. Leave him, guard the baseline on thee oop and run at Kanter on the shot.

also a big adams fan. hate him when we're playing him, but he's hilarious and love his style of play.

084.png

The hottakes on this thread are scorching.

Hope the Thunder win, but my gut says the Spurs win two.

Back