• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Dude should have just kept Wiggins.

wiggins still isn't that good.

interestingly klove is killing it tonight on tnt.

i think that trading love for melo straight up would be a pretty bad trade for the cavs, would make them worse and have a terrible long term impact. however i think it would be a net positive against the warriors which is all lebron cares about. he gives zero shits about anything outside of his championship window.

I know everybody likes to hate Melo but he is pretty damn good

Is he? I don't watch the knicks much but he looks like he's lost a step. I assume he'd try a lot harder on the Cavs though.

Love is soft.

I take back the above post.

great that grant hill calling this game and love just threw his pass to laettner

And Lebron fouled out.

Edit: And the game got even better.

Last edited:
love had his best game of the season other than that one he had 34 in a quarter

Should be some solid memes out of that Lebron-Love hug.

I am very confused how (and why) this Miami Heat team has won 11 straight but I am enjoying it

Even if it is slowly pushing my HEAT out of the lottery.

He can rebound, but has been lazy in Philly. A change of venue might help. He can score better than most bigs. Playing next to another big who is a defender makes him have value.

lolol except he's been a failure playing next to embiid and noel in that regard

i think that trading love for melo straight up would be a pretty bad trade for the cavs, would make them worse and have a terrible long term impact. however i think it would be a net positive against the warriors which is all lebron cares about. he gives zero shits about anything outside of his championship window.

I don't think it would be straight up. I think Melo, Jennings, and Hernangomezgonzalezrodriguezortiz for Love, Birdman, Liggins, and McRae. Would get the Cavs not only Melo but a playmaking backup PG and backup C, and open up a roster spot, and the Knicks would get Love and some guys to dump.

Of course, I would prefer if the Knicks would value Batum playing next to Porzingas, so then send Batum and a 1st round pick to the Knicks for Love. Get Love playing his old PnR game alongside Kemba.

Back